Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    echallenged Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 03:17 PM
    Bathroom wall light hook-up
    I purchased a Hinkley wall mount 3-light fixture that has wires coming out of two areas on the fixture -both on the back (wall) side. The left one has 2 black and 2 white wires and the right has 1 black and 1 white. There are three wires coming out of the wall - 2 black and 1 white. Any ideas as to how the two sets of wires on the fixture should hook up to the wires coming out of the wall? Thank you.
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Don`t try and do that stuff yourself - that`s why electricians are for, and they have training for it. It`s very dangerous. As a student nurse I read many cases where life-threatening and lethal accidents had occurred even among the heath care environment due to different types of human errors, poor equipment, and negligence. You couldn`t imagine how electricity works, and in how many ways it can attack you. Don`t play with it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 26, 2011, 03:58 PM
    There are many on this site who will help you.
    I have done my own wiring, as do many people, but leave the answers to the pros.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2011, 04:32 PM

Is there a switch to operate the lights?

Look into box. If u have 2 black and 1 white, u may have missed the other white.

Are the 3 wires coming from the same cable?

Can u give us a picture of box and wires?

Let us know and we can help u.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes mold on wall in bathroom behind tolet and straight up the wall? [ 1 Answers ]

There is mold on the wall where the toilet is located and in patches straight up the wall

Ceiling light using existing wall switch that currently controls a wall outlet plug? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bedroom wall outlet plug that is currently switched on/off by an existing wall swtich. I want to set up that switch to turn a new ceiling light on/off and leave the wall plug controlled also by the wall switch. Is this possible and safe to have the existing wall switch control both the...

Remodeling bathroom, problems with sewer hook up. [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling the bathroom and have some questions about hooking up to my sewer line. It's a 1940s house on slab foundation. I removed the tub and jack hammered up the floor and found where the previous owners had used a flexible 2" to 1.5" reducer to connect black abs from the tub and vanity...

240 Volt Wall Heater hook-up [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased five wall heaters for hook-up in series in my basement. They are 240 volt and I'm setting them to 900 watts - which pull about 4.6 volts each. I've placed a 30amp double circuit breaker in my panel. The heater instructions tell me to run power first to the thermostat, then to heater....

Washer Dryer hook up in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a stacked washer/dryer in my 2nd floor bathroom. Both units are powered by a single 220 V line. Question: Does the 220 hookup need to have GFI protection since it is in the bathroom? Do GFI recepticles even exist for 220 V? Regardless, is there a height from the floor...

View more questions Search