Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpaipa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 12:33 PM
    Can I get off probation early if I pay all fines and finish community service?
    I'm on probation for 18 months for a class 6 undesignated felony (resisting arrest) and I am already in it for two and half. I am having trouble finding work due to my education level and transportation issues. I have the funds to pay off my probation fees in full and I am going to finish community service as fast as I can. I also want to move back to the state I originally came from because it would be easier for me to get work and housing. Would the courts/ probation officer let me terminate probation early?
    lisabenavidez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Can my husband get off probation earily if he pays off his probation fees and finishes his 16 hours of community service?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 02:34 PM

Hello both of you:

Paying off probation fees and finishing community service early will HELP you when you make your request, but NOBODY can tell you what a judge will do...

MOST of 'em are NOT predisposed to help convicts.

excon
    lisabenavidez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Thank you so much for your help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabenavidez View Post
    can my husband get off probation earily if he pays off his probation fees and finishes his 16 hours of comunity service?
    The library where I worked was a site for offenders to do their community service hours, and I was their supervisor (for a 15-year period). This question sometimes came up. I never heard of anyone getting off early.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will happen if I can't pay my probation fines off in time? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I live in Georgia and 9 months ago I was arrested for possession of marijuana, and sentenced to 1 year of probation, nearly $2000 in fines, a one time drug class, and 40 hours of community service. Once I completed the probation the charge would be erased of my record. Now I am 3 months away...

I need information on laws to see if I can get off probation early with only fines [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about getting my misdimeanors from when I was a minor (I am on probation) turned into just fines? Or is that even possible?

Is it possible to get fines turned into community service? [ 2 Answers ]

Is is at all possible to get fines turned into community service to help pay them off? My boyfriend has about $7000.00 in fines brought on by jailing and such... I don't know if you CAN but I'd like to know if you can help pay them off with community service and if you can, how? How do you go...

If I can't pay off probation fines before my time is up [ 2 Answers ]

What will happin if I can't pay off my fines before my probation sentence is over? Will they extend it for another year or just until I get my fines paid off? (I live in tn) I would appreciate any knowledge you can spare

What if I can't get a job to pay probation fines & fees [ 6 Answers ]

My son was sentenced to two years of probation for possession with intent to sell or distribute marijuana. One of the requirements was to pay fines and fees of about $2,000. He has been not been able to get a job to pay the fines and fees, but the two years of probation are over He will appear...

View more questions Search