Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Mud in my well water.
    I have a private well and there is mud in my water and in the house filter. I cleaned out the filter which was caked with mud and my water was clear for about a month, Now there is mud in my water again and the filter is once again caked with mud. What could be causing this? How do I fix?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 06:45 PM

Could be a collapsed well? How deep is you well and how old?
    moonwidower Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2011, 06:25 PM
    If it's mud: Your suction hose in the well is probably too close to the bottom of the well and is pulling mud/sand off the bottom, maybe you could cut 6"-8" off the bottom of the hose. Also could be that your getting too much surface water running into the well and bringing mud/dirt into the well water. Check well walls to see if they have caved in, broked, or shifted.

If it's rust: Your well water supply has a high iron content and you may just be stuck changing the filter every couple months. I have a shallow well with a high iron content, I change out the filter every 3 months cause I start to loose pressure.
    homeownerdave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 06:20 PM
    I don't have an answer; but I do have the same problem, and real hard time finding a no B.S. answer. If I get any helpful information, I will let you know.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 16, 2012, 06:58 AM
    I don't know! I see some good answers above. What is it about them that you find to be BS? Tom
    genri5714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
    I recently replaced my well water pump. When I was pulling it out of the ground I had to pull through 18 feet of mud that was sitting on top of my pump. I went to replace the pump and I was not able to put it all the way back in. I cut 17 feet from my water pipe. I plan on trying to remove the seventeen feet of mud with some sort of suction device. Not sure what I will be using yet. I might need to re- drill my well for the seventeen feet of mud that are left.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall mud [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know how much mud to purchase for drywall taping? I have around 80 sheets to tape, bed and finish :rolleyes:

Well water is suddenly full of mud. [ 6 Answers ]

We have well water and after 4 years of use we all of a suddden have muddy water, mu husband attached a hose and let the water run for a day and it started to clear up, but now after a day od fairly clear water our water is full of dirt again. We also notied that there was a lot of tiny little air...

Mud and tape [ 5 Answers ]

Any one know what to charge per square ft. for mud and taping a basement if all materials are supplied. No ceiling work, just walls and bulkheads. Thanks

Mud in the ear! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 airedales, one of them has developed a pain in the ear! He has what I heard on a search for such problems as a muddy like substance in his left ear. I was able to gently q tip it out but its still stinky and it is very tender. I see no raw or abnormities on the ear flap. Did I read...

Washing Machine Water Pump full of Mud [ 1 Answers ]

How do I take the washing machine pump out of the washer to get mud out of it so that it drains the water again.

View more questions Search