Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fenris1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 03:44 PM
    How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation
    I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she has already gone back and is waiting for me but I am stuck in Texas. Or could I transfer to Ohio nearby where my dad lives. He lives on the other side of the state of Ohio but he does live in Ohio should I try that how do I do this and they didn't know my girlfriend was pregnant as we just found out.
    fenris1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 03:50 PM

Also I was denied cause I didn't have family there so would Ohio be easier I mean I need to get back up to the northeast so I can live my life. I don't want to have to wait 45 ore days yet again. Could I file for an appeal? In any event I am applying for a travel permit so I can go visit before I set in the new trasnfer request if I need to
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 06:21 AM

Hello f:

One does not need family in order to transfer. There ARE convicts who have NO family. Go read this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

excon
    rtigress27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 05:13 PM
    I have been convicted of a medicaid felony charge with a year probation in Pennsylvania, but am very ill with a terminal illness and have limited time thus I want to move to Florida, Pasco county and be close to my Daughter. But I have been told by a chief probation officer in Pa that Florida never accepts probation from other states or at least from the state of PA. Is this true, if so is there ever extenuating circumstances, such as my terminal illness and my only family member living in Florida?
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rtigress27 View Post
    But I have been told by a chief probation officer in Pa that Florida never accepts probation from other states or at least from the state of PA. Is this true,
    Hello r:

No. They're LYING. They, like ALL the states, have membership in the Interstate Compact where they have agreed to such exchanges. Their website will give you names and address of the commission representative in Florida & Pa.

Meanwhile, read my post here to get started.

excon
    hellokitty_2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Courts will often grant a request to move, especially if there's a good reason, such as a new job or to be closer to family.

The process varies from state to state, so your probation officer can best tell you how to get the process going. Often, it's simply a matter of filing a motion with the court requesting permission to move and asking that your probation be transferred to where you want to relocate.
    Your probation officer can also make a recommendation as to whether you need a lawyer to make your request to the court.

I am living in Ohio and my probation officer told me I could not leave and mine is only Misdemeanor
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty_2012 View Post
    I am living in ohio and my probation officer told me i could not leave and mine is only Misdemeanor
    Hello hello,

Please read the post right above yours, and follow the links.

excon
    AZ_1987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 10:55 AM
    I'm staying in Arizona and my boyfriend stay in Mississippi and he is on papers. They say the only way he can come out here is if we are mirried (which we plan on when he gets out here) of if he has family out here which he don't. Is there any other way that I can get him out here? He already have jobs lined up!!
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Hello az:

They're LYING. Go read the links I gave to the other posters.. It'll tell you EXACTLY how to get him transferred.

excon
    steph529 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Excon:

I have a question I'm hoping you can answer for me. My husband is on superior probation in Georgia for 10 yrs under first offense. He's already done 8 yrs and has had a couple vops. We got married and came to Florida for honeymoon and we ended up finding jobs and a home. Since he did not let his PO know that he was leaving, I told him to go back to ga and turn himself in cause they had already put a warrant out for him (vop: general technical violation). His probation officer is aware that he has a job waiting here and a home, as I'm a resident of Florida now. He said he didn't want to do a transfer for him cause he violated by leaving the state. Which I understand but when they release him he will have nowhere to go. How can I get him transferred here if his probation officer wants him to wait for 6 months without getting in trouble before he considers it? Before this vop on 8-8-13 it had been over a year since he last violated, which is good considering he had been violating about every 3 months for non report, non pay. He's doing great other than this slip up and we moved to get him away from the crap that was getting him in trouble and he was doing great the 2 months we were here.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Sincerly: totally lost!
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Hello Steph:

Read all the links I've provided and start the process by him making a formal request IN writing, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, with copies going to the head probation officer, and the head probation officer in the office who will be supervising him.

A transfer ISN'T a reward for good behavior. I isn't to be used as punishment either... It's a RIGHT. I say that, because if a person meets the criteria, he CANNOT be denied... That's a right as far as I'm concerned.

excon

Aug 18, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steph:

Read all the links I've provided and start the process by him making a formal request IN writing, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, with copies going to the head probation officer, and the head probation officer in the office who will be supervising him.

A transfer ISN'T a reward for good behavior. I isn't to be used as punishment either... It's a RIGHT. I say that, because if a person meets the criteria, he CANNOT be denied... That's a right as far as I'm concerned.

excon
    OK, so his probation officer can't denying him from transferring? He said he was upset with him for leaving the state without permission, which I get, but said he had to stay out of trouble for him to even consider a transfer. So I can go above his head? I thought it was up to the probation officer?? Can I possibly see if they could grant him a temporary pass or something until he gets approved for the interstate? He's still in jail right now.. he said he qualified for POM but his PO said he wanted him to stay in there for 6 weeks to see the judge and spend 120 days in PDC. But if he qualifies for POM doesn't he have to go in front of the judge within 7-15 days, if he refuses to send a waiver for my husband to sign? I really just think his PO is just all around ing me, you know!
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Hello again, Steph:

What?? Are you afraid of offending this LYING piece of crap probation officer.. Do it LIKE I said to do, and it PROTECTS your husband from retaliation.

This is about his probation. I don't know about the administrative stuff he has to go through locally before he's released back on probation.

excon

Aug 18, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steph:

What??? Are you afraid of offending this LYING piece of crap probation officer.. Do it LIKE I said to do, and it PROTECTS your husband from retaliation.

This is about his probation. I don't know about the administrative stuff he has to go through locally before he's released back on probation.

excon
    I actually was afraid to offend his PO in thinking that he would make it harder on my husband to be released, cause I know he can make him stay in jail and go in front of the judge and in that county the judge takes the PO's advice into consideration A lot! I was trying to make it easier for my husband so he don't get pissed and flip put on his PO. He was already talking about the fact he's tired of probation and them messing with him and that he wants them to just revoke his probation and go do his time in the chain (as he's been there before). But I need him out plus I don't want them to send him to the chain cause he'll have to do his 10 yrs. He's so close to being off. He only has 2 yrs left but he's starting to get aggrevated! I just needed to learn some things so I know whether what his PO is telling me is true or if I can get around him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I move out of state while on probation? [ 19 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm on probation for two felony charges and I have a great opportunity out of state for a new job and a fresh start on life with a different crowd of friends for the better. I know its possible to transfer out of state from reading some of the previous answers on this site< but I'm not...

What happens if you are convicted of a felony in another state while on probation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on felony probation in SC and he caught a felony charge in IN what do you think will happen to him? He only had 2 years of probation left.

On probation and need to move out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I am on probation for misdeamnor and I live in Kansas and my husband lives in Iowa. I want to move to be with him and I have been getting the run around for a year a half now and they won't let me move. What can I do.

Requirements to move out of state while on probation [ 5 Answers ]

I know it must vary state to state, but I am curious as to what some standard requirements might be to move out of state while on probation. I've been searching for an answer and all I have been able to find is basically complete the paperwork with your PO, wait for approval (or denial), and then...

Transfer felony probation to another state [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on felony probation in Florida and has a very sick brother in North Carolina. He needs to transfer his probation to state of North Carolina. What is the process if state of Florida gives him hard time transferring probation? His brother's illness is life threatening, and he is here in...

View more questions Search