Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristisanchez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Who do you go to when your employer has not paid you for all the hours you worked?
    I was required to go to 24 hours of training and was not paid on my check for the hours, I then called my boss and reported the problem to him. His respone in turn was simply "I'm sorry, I forgot" he told me he would either cut me a check or do a paid out to me then the following wed I was told it would be on my next pay check. Comepletely caught off guard I did not know how to react I worked with the company three more days over the course of the pay period one day 8 hours, 6 hours, and 5 hours. I get my paycheck today and only received 159.47 I make 8.50 there is no way this is correct. I have not yet received my check stub in the mail nor can I access it on the internet. I am upset and confused about who to turn to in this instance plase help me
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 08:13 AM

What state are you in?

Need the state to know where to point you.

Feb 11, 2011, 08:22 AM
    I am in Texas
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 08:26 AM

There is a form on this site that will allow you to fill out a wage claim.
    Wage Claim and Child Labor Complaint Processes

Are you still working there? A claim like this may cause you to lose your job. One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things.

Could it be a simple oversight?

Feb 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
    OK for the third time here goes I quit 2-3-11 I feel as if this is his childish wasy of retailating against me for filing for unemployment there was another girl who is not with the company anymore eitehr and filed for unemployment and had to get ugly with them for not paying her they finally gave her $100 and sent her on her way I am sick of the childish and unprofessional games I just want the money I am owed and that I haveearned

Feb 11, 2011, 01:24 PM
    My stupid computer iis acting up. Ugh. Sorry to have come off as rude I tried posting my answer 2 times before it actually posted lol thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 02:00 PM

I don't know about Texas, but in VA you have to work for an employer for 30 days or more with an average of 32 hours a week to be eligible for unemployment.

You should still be able to file a claim for unpaid wages regardless of your unemployment claim, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

Boss will not pay me for hours worked [ 5 Answers ]

On Tuesday I was told to come to work earlier for my boss because she needed me, I worked 2 hours then she told me she didn't want me to come today early but the next day. But I already clocked in and worked those hours , she said she will not pay me for my misunderstanding her. Is that legal in...

Employer refuses to pay for all hours worked [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right section. There are two questions really. First I have worked over 100 hours the last two weeks, Exactly 103 to be exact at 10 an hour. I will pay all the taxes at the end of the year under a 1099. So I should get paid 1030.00. He refuses to give the full amount, only...

Hours worked and salary [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been asked to work more hours due to the loss of other employees. My job consists of many miles of driving between facilities however drive time is not always included. My contract did state that I will be paid a certain amount averaging 40 hours a week. A year and a half later...

Salary v.s. Hours worked [ 2 Answers ]

If you work for a company making 35K salary, are there any limits to the amount of hours that you can be demanded to work? In specific, this company is requiring me to work 11-16 hours a day and possibly working weekends as well. There is no compensation for over-time as the pay is set at a...

View more questions Search