Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courious78641 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2011, 11:04 AM
    No registration, no insurance, no inspection sticker
    What If I'm a Passenger of my own car and a car hit us from behind while where sitting at a light and we have no insurance, no registration, no inspection sticker. What should I do? What sill happen to me and the driver?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 11:16 AM

In some states operating a motor vehicle like that can result in a short vacation in your local jail. I think they ALL States should follow that lead. And the police who come to the scense aren't going to overlook that.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 11:22 AM

I think it depends on the state. If the police investigate the accident in some states they would issue a ticket for the lack of registration, insurance, and inspection stickers to the driver. But in some states it's the owner who is held responsible.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
    But My Car Had been Broke and I Had Just Got It Fixed and Was On My Way To Get It Insurance, Registration and an inspection. The police was involved.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
    Comment on courious78641's post
    Police was not called to the scene.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by courious78641 View Post
    But My Car Had been Broke and I Had Just Got It Fixed and Was On My Way To Get It Insurance, Registration and an inspection. The police was involved.
    In Virginia... and MD... AND PA... AND DC. You are expected to get it towed for the inspection UNLESS ITS LEGAL Already... YOU walk into the DMV for tags... and you can call your agent for the insurance...

THere is never an exceptible excuse to drive with no insurance, no tags and no insurance. And in VA no insurance alone can result in possible jail time... No tags can too. I've seen people remanded into custody at traffic court for both. No inspection can result in a fine and ticket... impounding of the vehicle, or a 7 day warnig to prove its done before the ticket is sent to the state... at the officers discretion.

You are expected to have it towed in your situation.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 11:42 AM
    courious78641 [?]

Reputation score: 15 Comment on courious78641's post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police was not called to the scene.
    Which was it... were they (the police) involved or were they not involved.

And trust me... had I have been the other party... before I handed YOU any insurance info... you would have presented your own... AND the police would have been called if you didn't or couldn't before you saw mine.

Feb 7, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Well the insurance adjuster came out about 1 hour ago and they are paying for my damage said it was my property and they are going to fix my car and now Im waiting on my medical claim.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2011, 03:48 PM
    Well the insurance adjuster came out about 1 hour ago and they are paying for my damage said it was my property and they are going to fix my car and now Im waiting on my medical claim.
    What insurance adjuster? For the other vehicle? Then you are very lucky. Apparently it was so clearly their policyholder's fault that they decided to pay without a full investigation.

For example, with no inspection sticker, how can they know your brake lights and signals were working properly! That could transfer at least some of the liability to you.

And you are lucky the police weren't called because you would have gotten several tickets.

If your car was just fixed, you call an insurance carrier and get it insured BEFORE you drive it. Before you drive it you go to the DMV and get your registration. You don't drive it to get it inspected.

But if the adjuster is covering your claim then what is your question? Why did you post at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mass Inspection Sticker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 windstar and need to get an inspection sticker, however the speedometer do not work for watever reason, dose the speedometer need to work to pass inspection? Probably a dumb question but I thought I would ask anyway

Flat roof inspection needed for home insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my insurance agency says I need my flat roof inspected for any worn wood or standing water. But every time I call for the contracter to come out they want to price the job to repair the roof.I just had my whole roof redone in 2001 and they said I need just the flat part inspected with a letter...

Registration, inspection, different states [ 4 Answers ]

So my husband and I have been in az for a year now, but our permanent residence is in Texas. A few days ago Texas sent me my registration renewal notice. I did so right away online. I know that military members can have plates for their own state no matter where they're stationed in the states. My...

Month Registration sticker doen't match DMV registration date [ 1 Answers ]

So, My husband was driving our almost dead car today and got pulled over. The officer ticketed him because the Month registration sticker on the license plate doesn't match the registration month at the DMV. I had noticed this before but hadn't thought much of it, but now the police think we...

Expired Inspection Sticker [ 7 Answers ]

How do I get out of an expired inspection sticker ticket? It was given to me while my car was parked. It was for $200 plus a $25 processing fee! I got my care successfully inspected the next day. My court date is set for June. Thanks, TF

View more questions Search