Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveTolson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Raised shower in Basement.
    I am installing a shower in my basement and have to raise the floor 6" so i can use a "Sanigrind" macerater.How do I build the base of the shower?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 02:31 PM

You don't need a macerator for just a shower, is this a full bathroom? You could run the shower drain to an ejector pit. Please tell us more about what you are doing.
    DaveTolson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 02:57 PM
    I am installing a complete bathroom.The Water Closet will go into the macerater along with the waste water from shower and sink. I just need to know how to build the base for the shower.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 03:17 PM

I think you may be looking at the wrong Saniflow. Did you know about this one, it goes inside the wall and would not require the shower to be 6" higher. Saniflo's Sanipack Up Flushing Pump You may stile need a raised shower to get some pitch to your drain. I would probably just pour a concrete pad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a new full bath in raised foundation basement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm adding a guest room & bath to my basement. This is a raised foundation & the 3" & 2" drains were installed when I built the house. Can I just install a flange & wax seal & install the bowl & for a vanity sink, run directly into 2" or do I need to run a vent pipe. If so, where where do I hook...

Clogged Shower Leaked Through Basement Fixture, now NONE of the basement lights work [ 10 Answers ]

We have two bathrooms, one on the ground level and one in the basement. I was downstairs while my wife was taking a shower and I noticed water leaking from the fixture above the sink. Naturally, I was horrified. So I called a plumber, and the shower was clogged, causing the leak. He cleared it,...

Raised Toilet in Basement [ 2 Answers ]

The previous homeowners installed a basement bathroom. Rather than digging in cement they built a platform for the toilet to sit on. It's literally a throne! :D I want to remove the platform and install the toilet, as well as a standup shower, at the ground level. There is cement under the...

My shower drain is raised above the shower pan by 3/16" causing standing water [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass shower stall where the bottom has either slumped or the stall was installed wrong to begin with (it has no support beneath the surface that I stand on). The drain sticks above the level line so I have about 3/16" of standing water. I cannot easily access the bottom from the...

Shower drain for raised shower [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for a shower drain that runs ON TOP of my floor in the basement. I have removed the old shower unit to put in a new one. It has a p-trap that is LOW PROFILE. With the limited space I have I need to find a new one like this one. The old one is damaged and was leaking. The part...

View more questions Search