Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzybee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 07:38 PM
    If my husband walked out on me, does he still get half of everything
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2011, 07:43 PM

Depends on the State but in general, yes. Divorce agreements and Judgments are based on many factors. He will not be punished for walking out - but that does give you grounds for divorce. Of course, now that he has walked out you can lock him out and keep him out of the house.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 06:15 AM

JudyKayTee is right. Everything depends on the state you live in and what items he fights to get.

Why not check with an attorney in your area to find out for sure what your rights are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to give my husband half of my 401k [ 3 Answers ]

My husband does not want to work have not in years and now I have had it I want to leaves him do I have to give him half of my 401k

Can my husband take half of my upcoming inheritance (sale of my father's condo)? [ 4 Answers ]

Does my husband have a legal right to half of my (only) inheritance - my father's condominium will be closing soon. We are still legally married but TRYING to reach a marital settlement agreement. Also (I know this is 2 questions, but)... I've been battling back and forth about getting an...

My husband walked out 9 months ago he wants a divorce. Is there a chance he will change [ 12 Answers ]

Myhusband walked out 9mos ago.we both have lawyers he wants a divorce but I don't. I refuse to sign separation papers. He is seeing a younger woman who is also married. What will happen if I don't sign any papers when we go to court in march? My lawyer isn't much help to me because I couldn't hire...

I walked in on my husband maturbating [ 36 Answers ]

I walked in on my husband masturbating the other night. I was so pissed I mean I totally understand that most people masturbate but here's the thing my kids were asleep and I was there downstairs. I could've easily had sex with him instead of him taking that route. So then I'm left feeling like...

Husband gives half ownership to his wife. Taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

The husband owns a house. The wife pays half of the mortgage but she is not on the title of the house. The house was bought before the marriage. If the husband puts his wife on the title of the house, is she a half owner of the house? Since they are married is there a gift tax or any...

View more questions Search