Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walkingonadream Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2011, 06:18 AM
    Why did this guy stop talking to me?
    I've been talking to the same guy from about a month. We met at a party and started texting. A couple weeks later, we hung out and went to dinner. After that he told me he really liked me and wanted to hang out again. He told me to pick something to do this time since he picked dinner the first time. We agreed and made plans to go skiing, but he never got back to me. I ignored that he basically bailed on me and we kept talking. This weekend I was still upset though and decided just to stop responding. He always would text me though even if I didn't text back, but he stopped. We went for two days without talking. Finally I texted him, hey and responded saying hey with a smilie face and e talked for a couple of hours. Then he stopped responding to me. What happened? Why did he suddenly go from hot to cold?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 3, 2011, 06:36 AM
    I'm not sure how we, total strangers, would know more than you, but I'll make a guess or two.
    You stopped talking to him for an entire weekend because you were still stewing about the ski trip. Now he's stopped. Maybe he's miffed in return?
    I would suggest asking him flat out. I like the word miffed because it doesn't sound as emotional as mad or angry.
    You are still in a very early stage of a relationship, and either one of you could just disappear without so much as a goodbye.
    Maybe he doesn't really like to ski. We all tend to agree to dates we'd rather not go on when we are excited about a new person. Maybe he has other irons in the fire. Tempting as it is to speculate, you have to try to force yourself to either NOT do so, or ASK.

Feb 3, 2011, 07:22 AM
    He hasn't talked to me in a few days, the last time we talked was Monday. We used to talk everyday, all day. When we made the plans though he was really excited for a while and kept telling me how he really wanted to go up until 3 days before we were actually going to go. I was the last one to send a message first and last and I don't want to seem too clingy or attached. Should I do it anyway? I think he talks to a lot of other girls though. On his Facebook he has all these girls commenting on his pictures and he comments on theirs. I don't know if he just lost interest or found someone he likes better and because we weren't really serious or even dating he doesn't feel a need to tell me. I'm really afraid to look like I care too much I don't want him to know. The funny thing is after I started to really like him just kind of threw me aside.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2011, 09:32 AM

You are putting way too much effort into this. You officially only went out once with this guy. Once he pulled the "NO acknowledgement" over second date, I would have stopped all contact with him. When anyone pulls that, it is pretty obvious they have to respect for the other person!

Just move on and don't even give him another minute of your time. If you happen to come across him, just act polite but DO NOT encourage any personnel contact!
    Delete him from phone,and computer. That is letting him know without verbal contact that in no uncertain terms if he doesn't know how to treat a lady then he doesn't deserve any contact with one!!

I also agree with Joy but had to spread some rep--miffed is great word!

Take care
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Feb 3, 2011, 01:00 PM

Two strikes and they're out.

You guys aren't exclusive its extreme early days, so really he can continue to talk to whom ever he chooses. As can you.

Personally if he'd stood me up twice.. there'd be no third opportunity. 'Sorry... busy'. If you are someone he wants.. then let him put the effort into contacting you and treating you with respect. Dropping off the face of the earth after organising something really dosen't appear to be someone interested in any form of commitment at this time.

Keep on looking!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 02:09 PM

He is a text buddy, and you are probably one of many, and he didn't have money to take you skiing.
    I ignored that he basically bailed on me and we kept talking.
    Should have asked what happened, that may have been some telling information.

Back off my dear, if he shows no interest then don't chase. He seems to like being chased and is.

Sorry, no romance here.

Feb 3, 2011, 10:34 PM
    He actually texted me later on in the day, he stopped though because I was being mean and kept saying k. I think I'm officially done fretting about this and with him. I am a little devastated though he said many times that he really liked me and maybe after a while we could be more than friends, but if I was a guy just trying to get some I'd say the same thing. Thanks for all your answers I really appreciate it!
    Chanel_86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
    I'm kind of in the same situation that happen the same way, the only difference is I stopped talking to him first because he lied to me about the littlest thing. I allowed a couple days to go by without talking to him because I was a bit upset. So I texted him "hey" with a smiley face. He text back 5 hours later with a smart comment. I text him back 4 times with no response, and he's ignoring my calls. But I'm trying to figure out what did I do wrong, when he was the one that lied from the beginning? Just like everyone else is saying its early stages, so really he's not obligated to do anything. So your best bet is to just leave him alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend won't stop talking to ex [ 16 Answers ]

You guys have probably seen this question a million times, but I feel I should ask it anyway I recently got a girlfriend, it's been about 3 weeks. The only problem is that she talks to her ex constantly. He lives about 4 states away, and there's a reasonably good chance he's never coming here...

Talking to a guy I like [ 11 Answers ]

So I was at the beach with my friends and say a guy that I liked but we have never talked before. There he began to talk to me and tease me and stuff like that. He showed interest and as we were leaving he came to talk to me. We didn't give phone numbers or anything but I found his profile on the...

My wife is talking to another guy all the time. [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married to my wife for 4 1/2 years now. I moved countries and left my family after meeting her while I was studying in the US. We have always had arguments, but not more than any other married couple I know and we have always made up. Just recently she became very distant and...

A guy acquaintance who's been talking to me more [ 4 Answers ]

So I'm going crazy about this guy who I don't see all the time, but recently I've been seeing him more. And when we do, he'll usually say hi and start the conversation. I've had 4-5 talking encounters with him and most of them happened in the past week. I don't have his phone number yet. But...

Why did he just stop talking to me [ 4 Answers ]

OK, so my mom had a best friend who recently passed away from cancer... we were close with their family... I haven't seen their family in a while but I would always talk to her son threw myspace.. I guess u could say I like/liked him but I don't know... he got a g/f and wouldn't talk to me...

View more questions Search