Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Grout Timeline
    Due to my work schedule I'm pretty much limited to installing the tile in my basement one week during my off days and won't be able to lay the grout until the following week during my off days. Since the tile is in the basement, no one will be walking on it and I was wondering if this would be acceptable to allow this much time in between laying out the grout.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 10:52 PM

You should have not problem delaying the grouting. Be aware that any traffic risk breaking the bond between a tile and the sub floor until the grouting is done.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2011, 10:37 AM
    No problem. I have grouted tile that was laid 1 year earlier. Make sure to strike and vacuum the joints before grouting. It is best to do all the grouting at one time.
    Gus_19 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2011, 07:19 PM

I'm using a grout additive to permanently seal the grout as I'm doing it and because I figured it would take me a good part of the day, I would have to wait another week to get it done. Thanks for the advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use Grout Boost with Polyblend Grout [ 7 Answers ]

Is it OK to use Grout Boost with Polyblend sanded grout. The grout package only mentions water as an addative.

STD timeline [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated over a year ago while we not together I had a relationship... We have been back together for over a year now and he recently began having pain during urination is it possible that I contracted something a year ago and recently gave it to him?

STD timeline [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I separated over a year ago while we not together I had a relationship... We have been back together for over a year now and he recently began having pain during urination is it possible that I contracted something a year ago and recently gave it to him?

Can you grout tile using a special grout caulking gun? [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy a special caulking gun that uses commercial tile grout? I have some 20" X 20" interior wall tile to grout and would like to avoid making a huge mess in my kitchen. This method, if available, would seem to be a good, clean solution. Ralph

Eviction timeline II [ 3 Answers ]

DUE TO FORECLOSEURE Is there any way to get a judge to allow me time to pick up and move? I figured I had at least a month to move and was trying up to the last minute to get the money to stop the foreclosure so I haven't even started packing. EDIT: I have been told I have 5 days by the buyer,...

View more questions Search