Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boblind33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Connecting DISH with TV and VCR
    Just got Direct TV - but now can't record TV with the VCR.
    Wife is ready to divorce me as she is missing her SOAPS -
    HELP HELP HELP - Direct TV is no support - their manual
    Does not even include a sample hookup showing a VCR.

I need specific directions an idiot can follow that tells what cords
    Go where for the Dish receiver and the VCR and TV.
    I have bought a couple cords with 3 color coded cables
    Two audio and 1 video - plus have some other ones too.

THANKS to anyone who can describe the hookup in
    Layman terms

Thanks in advance big TIME
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2007, 07:37 AM
    There should be several output jacks on the sat box. They represent different qualities of transmission. You then need to compare those outputs to the inputs on the VCR. You then run compatible cables (Coax, Component, Composite, S-Video, whatever) from the sat box to the VCR. You then do the same between the output jacks on the VCR to the TV.

Now this will permit you tape what's coming from the Sat. iIf you want to be able to watch something else while you tape, the hookups become more complex and depend on your VCR and TV capabilities.

There is another kicker here. The VCR can't control the sat box. So if you wife need to tape different channels it won't work. She can set the VCR for specific times, but it won't change the channel on the set top box.

Why don't you look into the DVR box from DirectTV? That can record up to 80 hours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a DVD player with Satellite Dish [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 52 inch Toshiba HDTV that is already connected to a DISH network satellite. I would like to connect a DVD player and have no idea how to connect. I may also need help with figuring out which remote I use. Currently I have to use the TV remote that just turns on the TV and the DISH remote...

Dish,vcr,dvd,cable to TV shcematic/instructions,please. [ 2 Answers ]

Plus no signal at all after several variations of connecting the dvd, even directly with no other connections, acts like it's working! can I just put a splitter on the TV coxial jack for the vcr/dish connection? Cable plugs into dish receiver, and works well, all componants is good condition and...

Connecting a DVD to The Dish [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my new DVD player - with white, yellow and red jacks - to the back of the Dish receiver's red, white and yellow jacks? I've tried but get no picture or sound.

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a combo dvd/vcr to a dish network satellite dvr/tv?

VCR Dish connection [ 15 Answers ]

How do I connect a vcr to my dish network.

View more questions Search