Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richdm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
    How can I get a car for a needy family
    Need transportation
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Jan 20, 2011, 05:50 PM

Umm... how about taking a bus? You can't just "get" a car. If you're above age of 12, you must know there is no Santa Clause, so no one would just give you one.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 08:00 PM

I worked with a fellow who was in a tough stretch and Catholic Charities worked with him to get a car that had been donated. This is not unusual, you see ads all the time asking people to donate their car or boat, this is where they go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 09:38 PM

I will say that while some charities do this, most of the ads you see for donating cars are not giving the cars to needy people, They put the cars on used car lots or send them to auctions and sell them, and give a set percentage to either a charity you specify or one from a list, or one that they represent.

I have bought several used cars and a used boat before off those type of used car lots.

But yes, start with the religious group that you may belong to, and then check with other charities in the area.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 10:07 PM

I have to say that the bus is a better option. Even if you were to get a free car there's still insurance, gas, maintenance to consider. It's not cheap.

The bus is reliable, safe, and a lot cheaper than even a free car. Sadly there's no such thing as free, there's always a cost attached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is needy! Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have slowly allowed my dog to be more like a human than a dog. He sleeps in my bed, under the covers with me. He follows me wherever I go and lately, he's underfoot and I've tripped on him. (He's only 1 foot tall at the shoulder). He sits with me on the sofa and pushes into me so we are touching...

I came across as being needy to my girlfriend. [ 6 Answers ]

This is really bothering me I'll try and make it as short as possible. I (26) met my Ex (23)last July and we saw each other for a couple months then started dating in Sept. Her and I really connected on every level. We could do everything together or hang out separately it didn't matter. ...

How to get a mobile home from charity for a needy family? [ 1 Answers ]

Family of 3 needs at least a 3 bedroom mobile home from a charity of someone who wants to donate for a good cause. The trailer they live in is only 2 bedroom and in serious need for repairs that cannot be fixed without the financial means. Any charity of person who can help would greatly be...

I need a car to move my family to Georgia after being robbed at gun point in cle,oh [ 4 Answers ]

Last month we were robbed at gun point and they got all our money so I need nelp with a car to move my family out of state can someone please help me

Being needy [ 6 Answers ]

Just looking for opiniions here.. What makes a person seem needy in a relationship? Is it the need for time, telephone calls, etc.. I know people have different takes, but I just wouild like to hear some of them... thanks!

View more questions Search