Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksloan31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Frigidaire Refrigerator water pooling on the bottom
    Hi I have a 21 cu ft refrigerator that is pooling water on the bottom under the drawers. I do not have a water or ice dispenser. It's just a run of the mill fridge. However I did notice a string about this same problem and it stated that the defreost drain might be frozen over and gave instructions on how to check. I did check and the drain was not frozen over. However the string ends there.
    Can anyone help as to why if it is not frozen over I am getting water pooling at the bottom of my fridge?
    Rocker452 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 02:15 AM
    The drain is most likely stopped up. If it's an old frigidaire the drain is under the crispers. In newer ones it is at the top of refrig section near back, there should be a cup like device that goes through the back wall. Pull it out and make sure its not stopped up. In the older ones the water drains down the back wall and out the drain hole under the crispers. In this case there is a cup under the fridge that you pull out and clean. Find the drain pan under the fridge and the cup should be over it.

Jan 22, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Ok the cup is at the top of the fridge cause there's nothing but water under the crisper. This fridge is only 3 yrs old. However the cup at the back top of the fridge is housed in the cooling regulator I think. There is a small inch diameter hose running from the back of it into the wall.
    I tried to unscrew the 4 bolts holding it up, but they just spin. Is this the thing that I have to take off? It is one big part including the dial that controls how cold it is.

Jan 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Any body can help!?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from bottom of furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Just noticed today that water is coming out of bottom of furnace. Not much but wondered if anyone knows what it could be. Its an older furnace, just regular kind. Water heater is about 1 foot behind the furnace. I've had the a/c running a lot because of hot weather. Could it have anything to...

Water damage to cabinet bottom under sink [ 2 Answers ]

I had a leak under my kitchen sink which has caused some water damage to the bottom of the cabinet. Structurally it is fine, but I wanted to make the bottom look better. What is the best way to repair this (I have already repaired the leak)? I have purchased a thin sheet of wood to place on top...

Water Pooling around furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Rheem Age of equipment: 8 Years Efficiency: Natural gas, 90% Plastic flue pipes. Type of system: forced air

Water is pooling in the bottom of my fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I think the tube to the drain pan must be clogged because in at back of the fridge at the top I can see where the water drips from the freezer into the tube and the little collector or basin for the water to run into the tube is completely full of water at times. Most of the time the...

GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator drain blocked [ 1 Answers ]

How do I clear clogged drain in GE Profile bottom freezer fridge?

View more questions Search