Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nedmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 01:58 PM
    Child support withholding and 1099 contractor
    I pay an individual as a contract laborer. I recently received a child support withholding order. I called cse and they tell me to send amount listed on order. I informed them that the payment is less that the amount owed. The told me to send entire payment directly to cse. Is this the case?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Again, this is REALLY a legal question, NOT a tax question.

Please move the post to the LAW forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the IRS fine ($) for not 1099 getting a 1099 from a contractor? [ 3 Answers ]

I know a 1099 is needed for anyone paid over $600, but what if, for argument sake, one cannot 1099 the contractor because they refuse or don't have a SS#, etc. What are the penalties for this beside not being able to expense the transaction? What does the IRS do?

Do I need to subtract the child support amount of my 1099-G before filing my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I have child support deducted from my unemployement benefit for the whole 2009, My 1099-G did not show where the child support was deducted. Should I ask for a new 1099-G minus the child support? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How do I become a 1099 contractor? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New Hampshire and have recently been hired as a 1099 contractor for the job of my dreams. I earned money last year, 2007, as a 1099 contractor but would like to make it official so I can put money into Social Security and cover myself legally. How do I become a 1099 contractor in...

1099 for contractor [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the situation. 1. Company "ABC. Inc", a S corporation has performed service to another company "123, Inc". 2. ABC company send invoice to 123 company for the service. 3. ABC company asked 123 company to issue the check to the individual name of the ABC company's officer, owner. ...

Incorporated Vs 1099 Contractor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to know the differences in tax that an individual would pay as an independent contractor vs being incorporated. I am on OPT now and would convert to H-1 in OCtober. I got an offer from a company and would like me to be incorporated. My total estimated income would be close...

View more questions Search