Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Jul 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
    P90X-Who Has tried it? Please share Experiences or thoughts...
    Hi guys. I recently started this P90-X workout-I'd say about two months ago and WHOA my body is amazing. I've lost a total of 17 lbs and I am still going strong everyday! I am only about 5 foot tall so I'm pretty small, but have had three children-pushing 30 and was not feeling nor looking so great in my recent years. So I thought-why the hell not?

People are doing it as a fitness challenge here at work and then I started to join in with them and I have outstanding results! My butt is awesome! :) -even when I tighten my butt muscles-NO wrinkles-no flab-my legs are GORGEOUS-my biceps are just nice. They even call me the hulk here because when I work out (lift weights, push-ups, pull-ups) my veins pop out-it is awesome!

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this workout and how happy/unhappy they are with the results.

Thanks!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 05:11 PM

I haven't used it myself, but I know people who have, and they all say the system is tough, but gives results.

Jul 27, 2010, 06:39 AM

It is tough! But not impossible. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can! There are people down there with me everyday who work their tails off and they are there with me everyday-and they are getting results as well. It's totally changing my life. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 06:49 AM

I'm thinking of giving it a try... but not in front of others, going to do it at home and possibly with one other girl at work.

Jul 27, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I'm thinking of giving it a try....but not in front of others, gonna do it at home and possibly with one other girl at work.
    That's a great idea! When I started here at work, I was so out of shape and so embarrassed. And of course our "fitness captain" was in excellent shape-but it was only he and one other person doing it, so I didn't have a large crowd to start in.

I would love to do it at home but it's not that easy right now-not P90 x stuff that is because I have little ones at home crawling under me over me and all around me-I would not accomplish much. Now we have a huge crowd that comes down everyday during our lunch hour of all shapes and sizes. I highly recommend it. It is hard every single day-but you will definitely get the results you have always wanted. I look better than I ever have my own life! I sound like a commercial :D
    camosmom23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 08:06 AM
    J-9:
    From my experience with P90X, with it being such a hard core training,(I wouldn't call it a workout) You train your body and your lifestyle.I would definatley try to do it with someone else. If you have a "team" around you, you are more likely to stick with it. I was in a group of 9 friends and family members and they started dropping out and then of course, everyone stopped. We are starting again Monday, and we are not stopping this time. (last time I was about 10 lbs heavier and had a 5 month old baby. Now he is 13 months and I am ready now more than ever to finish this thing! Good luck!! It shows fantastic results!
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 16, 2011, 07:23 AM
    I have tried it and I have seen amazing results as well... if you put your mind to it and set realistic goals for yourself.

I had several start stop (mostly due to my hectic travel schedule). However, during the times that I stuck with the program I saw my body go through some great changes. The program can be very tough or easy depending on your approach. For example, if you try to do the number of reps they do in the video on day one then you're more likely to get discouraged quickly (that happened to me the first time). However, if you set realistic goals for yourself and start doing as many reps as will let you get through an entire routine then you're much more likely to succeed. For example, I couldn't do 25 reps for each set of routines in an exercise session (say ab-ripper plus). Instead I would do 5 to 10 reps for each set (e.g. mason twist) and at the end of a session I would have done perhaps 90 reps out of a possible 300+ reps (again ab-ripper as an example). But after the 2nd week I would increase my reps by a almost double and towards the 3rd week I was able to maintain and keep up with the videos.

I have since stopped and started a few times and I'm realistic that because of my schedule I will not likely go through straight 90 days of this exercise even with a skipped day or two. I use this program strictly as a "tool" in my exercise arsenal. This tool happens to be one of the better tools out there for me personally.

One more thing that helped me was the ability to easily track my progress. I didn't like keeping track of my progress on paper and then transferring those to spreadsheets. I have since invested in some software made by WorkoutSoft which made tracking fun and helped me look forward to the next exercise and seeing my progress charts/graphs go up.

I'm definitely happy with the results that I have seen with the P90X program.

Edit: I saw the new post and didn't realize how old the OP was... Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused.share your thoughts [ 2 Answers ]

So, here I am not sure what to do and saw this page. This all started about a month ago. My husband starting talking to someone at work outside of work. The first few times when I confronted him about it he said it was a boy. I called the number and it was in fact a woman. He swears on everything...

Share your thoughts about my story. [ 6 Answers ]

This story is long and complicated. But I will say as best I can What I feel is important. I am scared to tell any else in my life. My friend was a tortured soul. He had a history of sexual abuse and was addicted to Heroin, as well as ecstasy. He had issues with mental illness and was on a range...

Intresting thoughts about sociology to share [ 3 Answers ]

So today was an eye opener to me, trying to understand why people treat me the way they do for so long trying to find place. Read all my other posts and you will understand. The problem was doing everything wrong. The problems I have been having aren't because I have no friends and everyone...

What did you learn from your past relationship? Lets share our experiences. [ 31 Answers ]

After 2-3 bad experiences in relationships, I learnt when I FEEL something is going wrong, it is really going wrong! Every time I just ignored that at that time... they grew and grew and finally cause the rlationship to end! If someone loves you, never make u sad, never make you trouble, never...

Some thoughts I would like to share. [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I would share... I hope it helps some of you :) If a someone loves you, nothing can keep them away. If they don't love you, nothing can make them stay. Stop making excuses for a them and their behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

View more questions Search