Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackwolfbronco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
    How to legally evict a person living in my house,never paying rent
    I live in North Carolina and I have had a "friend" living with me for about one year and three months. He moved in originally to "just get on his feet", since that time he hasn't done anything around the house, he doesn't pay rent and has since lost his job. Although I hope this doesn't come to a legal matter but just in case I want to know how to legally evict him from my house. I have heard that based on the time he has been here that he now has tenant rights even without paying for anything.
    bagel2756 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 07:41 PM
    From what I understand, a tenant doesn't have to pay rent. And you should get an attorney to properly evict him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to do to evict a person living in my home ? [ 14 Answers ]

My son lives in a rental property of mine. He allowed a young woman to move in with him. He has asked/told her to move out. She has refused. She does not pay rent and never has - her name is not on the lease. What steps can I take to evict her legally from the premises in the state of...

Can I evict original tenant if person not on lease paying rent? [ 4 Answers ]

In Texas, I've had a tenant for almost 2 years and she leased the home because she and husband were separating. I found out later that they decided to reconcile, however she never added him to lease. Recently (past 3 months) the rent has been late and in tracking her down ended up finding out...

How do I evict a child not paying rent [ 3 Answers ]

I have an18 year old daughter who is not paying rent, suppose to be doing Butler Tech Online for high school, has no drivers licence, no job, has been very disrespectful (swearing and such) at me. She does nothing to help around the house and lives like a pig in her room. She is hard of hearing...

Removal of a non-rent paying person from your house [ 1 Answers ]

What type of notice must I give to a person who does not pay rent but lives in my house? I no longer give her my permission to live in my house and have asked her to leave, but she won't.

How to evict a rent paying son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren? [ 4 Answers ]

I hate that it has come to this but I have my oldest son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren that have lived in our second home for 3 years. They have paid rent without a contract. Their rent has fallen behind but mostly has been caught up. They barely pay the payment on the home and I pay...

View more questions Search