Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camosmom23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 01:24 PM
    How can I get rid Urine smell around toilet from prev. tenant?
    We moved into a home about a month ago, and apparently they didn't like to clean. We had to remove the carpet in the master bathroom because the urine smell was horrible and the toilet seal was leaking. We replaced the ring at the base and it still smells. We cleaned (bleached) the other bathroom, and the smell went away for a while. Now its back. We can't pull the carpet up until the landlord can pay us to do it. Is there anything I can use on the carpet and the base of toilet until then? Its disgusting and I have to clean it EVERYDAY now to keep the smell to a minimum. WHY put carpet in a bathroom?? UGH!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 01:29 PM

Yes, yuck to the carpet in the bathroom, very unhygeinic. You can try a strong solution of white vinegar and water, say maybe half and half.

Tick

Jan 6, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Sorry. I posted this wrong at first!
    Thanks. DO I just spray it on the carpet or let a good amount of it soak and air dry?
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Jan 6, 2011, 01:34 PM
    There is a product you can get at Sam's Club called OdoBan. Funeral homes and daycares use it, if that gives you any idea what it's capable of. I have only seen it in Sam's Club but there might be other sources of it. Good luck; I'm sorry you're dealing with this problem.

Jan 6, 2011, 01:36 PM
    Thanks summer girl. I will def try that. Sams is my favorite place lately.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 03:28 PM

Good. I am in healthcare so know that anything that removes a death smell is good. Otherwise, to answer your question, no you mix it and rub it in with a towel like cloth, rung out of course but holding the liquid.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get rid of a strong ammonia smell from pet urine in carpet? [ 12 Answers ]

I read on the internet to use 50% water and 50% white vinegar (first step) and then baking soda (second step) and the final step is hydrogen peroxide and liquid soap to rid carpet of pet urine ammonia smells. It did not work. The house smells even worse. I need to know what I can use to neutralize...

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

Could urine smell around toilet be caused by a venting problem? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a smell of urine in/around two commodes that are on opposite sides of the house. We have had the wax rings replaed on both, but a week later the urine smell was back. We cleaned both commodes tirelessly. We were going to replace both commodes, but someone said that the problem waslikely a...

Urine smell around toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a urine smell around the toilet. You clean aournd the toilet but it returns in about a day or two. I removed the toilet and put in a double ring at the drain. I then cauked around the bottom of the toilet. Am I missing something because the smell is still there. How can I get rid of it.

Urine like smell from clean unclogged toilet, coming intermittently [ 3 Answers ]

I have a persistent smell coming from one of our often used toilets like stale urine, identified by one handyman as sewer gas smell. I have had the toilet bowl removed, the wax seal replaced, and the toilet bowl base caulked again, but the smell goes on, at times very strong, at other times faint....

View more questions Search