Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 05:01 PM
    How can I get rid of dry mouth for the night?
    Every other night or so I get dry mouth in the middle of the night and it keeps me awake, It's not severe or anything but just bad enough to make it harder to fall back asleep. Even after drinking water in the middle of the night to stop the dry mouth, it is still there.

I found that drinking hot chocolate milk about an hour before bed has helped, but I'm on a diet and am not about to have hot chocolate every night. So please, what are all the ways that one can stop themselves from getting dry mouth through the night?

I am 19 and a male.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 05:04 PM

Drink low-cal, no-fat chocolate milk. (The tryptophan and calcium in the warm milk are probably what is allowing you to sleep better too.)

Use a humidifier at night.

Jan 5, 2011, 05:10 PM
    How can I keep my lips from drying at night?
    Very other night or so my lips get chap, you know start to almost crack. And it really bothers my sleeping, how can I prevent it from getting like this? Chap Stick simply does not work! Please people give me something that actually works :/. I would greatly appreciate it.

What are all the best possible options? I am 19 and am a male.

Jan 6, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Than kyou!t
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 03:56 AM
    Try Carmex,coco butter or just plain old petroleum jelly.Also don't wet your lips either with your tongue... this drys your lips out.Also use lip balm with sunscreen in it... the sun and wind can dry lips too.

Good Luck!
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 04:00 AM
    You can also try chewing gum before your ready to go to bed.This will stimulate your saliva glands... there are also pills you can take over the counter that will relieve dry mouth.When you drink water make sure you put ice in it,the colder the better.

If you are taking doctor prescribed medications that will dry mouth too so speak with doctor if you are taking medications.
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2011, 04:48 PM
    The best pallet lubricator out there is actually High Fructose corn syrup believe it or not. Unfortunately your dry mouth happens to be at night, so to relieve your symptoms by using this chemical would most likely hurt your teeth because of the sugar. If you brushed your teeth afterwords then it would negate the corn syrups effect. I suggest scouring your local stores for a product with high fructose corn syrup in it, but with the least amount of sugar possible. At night, if you take just a little sip to coat your tongue it shouldn't hurt your teeth. Just brush slightly often.

I heard about this in an article the Seattle Newspaper called "The Stranger" published, a woman was complaining about enjoying giving her boyfriend oral sex while she was stoned but got re-occurring cotton mouth. A little Pepsi solved the problem.

I meant to state that you should brush your teeth slightly MORE often. This will be important if you make this solution long term.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Four months of dry mouth... [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 57 year old woman in good physical and mental health. I am 5 ' 8 and I weigh 125 pounds. My physical in June was normal and my blood work also normal. I eat well and exercise moderately but regularly. I take no medication and do not smoke. I do like a glass of wine but this mouth issue...

Dry mouth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! I'm a 22yr old female. I've been feeling somewhat strange lately. - I've been getting really tired lately-like I can sleep all day. I also have the worst dry mouth. My tongue has a sore on it because its so dry. I also just feel very lazy and sometimes fatigue. Also my appetite is...

Will diabetes cause dry mouth [ 8 Answers ]

I wake up about 2:30 am with dry mouth every night. I have type 2 diabetes,I was wondering if that is why

Saliva and dry mouth and throat wake me up every night [ 1 Answers ]

For the past six months, I wake up with dry mouth and throat and saliva after sleeping for four hours. I can usually go back to sleep, but then I keep waking up an hour or so later. I have to drink lots of water to go back to sleep. My eyes and nose are dry too. But I'm fine during the day. ...

Does Anyone Wake With Dry Mouth [ 6 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat condition for some time -- use cough drops to sooth it But often wake up with dry mouth -- also have pflem in my throat One other problem is the cough drops appear have caused dental problems What helps me -- also hurts me -- Toothaches have affected my sleep ...

View more questions Search