Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    getsexy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
    A friend said I look like a mess? Comebacks please?
    A few friends of mine said I look like mess? But I don't want to follow any trends and such.. can you help me on some comebacks to say to them that I don't go for trends, and I don't want her to comment such things about me again? Please help! Not a rude comebacks, but a nice one indeed? Or sarcastic ones. Thank you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2010, 04:32 PM

Skip the come backs and just tell them upfront that you really like what you wear and that you would appreciate it if they no longer commented on your choices. You aren't dressing to impress them or anyone else.
    If they continue, you might want to consider finding nicer friends.
    Aleeravilu Posts: 77, Reputation: 22

Dec 10, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Not following trends doesn't make you look like a mess.
    First you should know why they told you that. Was is really because you do not dress like them or follow fashion trends? If yes, then ignore those, comebacks will only give them more chances to pick up on you, or you can just tell them straight in the face that you like your clothes, and you don't need their approval in any aspect. But, if they didn't talk about the trend, if there really is something wrong with your dressing styles (ask her clearly about this), then you should change.
    There are two main types of reasons people tell you bad comments,
    1. They want to annoy the hell out of you.
    2. They want to help you improve.
    Not every bad comment has the first meaning. You should understand the situation first.
    Scheat Posts: 18, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Next time,tell them "I look the way I want to look".It's great that you create your own style instead of following trends and friends should not only respect that,but also,they should never put you down with unconstructive criticism that is only meant to make you hurt.I think even better than answering back is keeping that friend away and not giving them much attention,focus on people who at least try to give you constructive criticism!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 07:48 AM

Well to tell you the truth, why do they think this ? Is there issues for real with the way you dress and are they only trying to help you.

I watch a TV show, called "what not to wear" and to be honest there are people who think they look OK but they dress horrid. So before I would agree to tell them anything, I would want to be sure that I did not look a real mess
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 09:19 AM
    I would say, "what do you mean", and look at them with a quisical look, that says you are waiting for an explanation.

Then ignore all stammering and uncomfortable moments when they try to explain.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 10:28 AM

Laugh and make a huge joke out of it. "Yup, I'm a real Messy Bessy." And if they call you "Messy Bessy," with great cheer bestow upon each of them a nickname, such as "Crabby Kate" or "Mouthy Mike" or "Silly Cindy."
    kerriyon Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Nov 5, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Say I like what I wear it's not bad it looks .o.k. to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female comebacks. [ 10 Answers ]

Female Comebacks! Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before? Woman: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore. Man: Is this seat empty? Woman: Yes and this one will be if you sit down. Man: Your place or mine? Woman: Both. You go to yours, and I'll go to mine.

Such a mess right now. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, first of all I'm glad to be part of such a great community here and hope to be able to help people out and also hope that they can help me out also. I have problems at the moment and I honestly don't know what to do, OK I'll start from the top. There's this girl I met who I've liked...

View more questions Search