Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SheaM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 05:48 PM
    White hard pimples on the inside vaginal lip area?
    Im 50 and going through perimenopause. I am an extremely clean person who showers twice a day. I also wear pantiliners everyday FOR MANY YEARS. This keeps me dry and clean. It was highly recommended by my OBGYN many years ago. Anyway, I recently found two small to medium size pimples (like whiteheads) on the inside of my vaginal lips. They do not hurt, but I am concerned. I wash with warm/hot water and I have also put neosporin on them. They have gone down a little in size, however, right before I menstruate they begin to become a little larger. I feel I may have a urinary track infection and may need to go on antibiotics. My questions is: If I go on antibiotics due to an infection, can I pop these whiteheads and clean them with hydrogen peroxide and put neosporin on them? I just want to make sure that they never return. I'm not sure if just taking oral antibiotics will get rid of them. My fear is that they will remain or return and come back even larger. Please help... thanks.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Dec 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
    If you're already going to the doctor to see if you need antibiotics for a urinary tract infection, why not just have the doctor look at the spots? They might be nothing, or they might need a special treatment to clear them up. I hope you feel better soon.
    stargal0 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2010, 06:11 PM
    OK, so I'm like 18 but I have has really bad female medical problems and I have seen many doctors/ GYNs in the past and now. So I think I can help a little.
    And I have had the same problems and went to one of my GYNs, they told me that they were just clogged pores/glands,(pimples) that sometimes happen because the female body cleans itself out and the pores down there get clogged and well become like a pimple.

I have had to wear pantyliners non-stop as well, but the thing about the lines is that they can also cause irritation. So if your staying home and not going anywhere don't wear them. Now the cleaners or female washes you might be using to cause this pimples as well, make sure to use unscented soap, but don't over clean because that can be bad sometimes too.

~~What my doctors told me was to take a hot bath then after go down and slight pop or drain the pimples, now if they don't go away or if you don't take care of them they can turn into boils, and you would need to have sugary to get rid of them. You don't want to go there!!
    And if you do do this and they don't go away/get bigger after awhile then yes go see your GYN, because the GYN can drain the pimple as well or to make sure they are really pimples.

Hope this helps u!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Bumps of all sizes, colors, and shapes are common in the labia and other moist hidden areas, and many are there for life.
    I see no reason to assume a UTI.
    If there is some evidence of pus in them a doctor may drain them but many doctors will just say they are pimples that will go away. If they are hard they usually don't.
    I even wonder if you could be washing too much with soaps that your skin is more sensitive as you get closer to menopause, or a brand of pantyliner has something irritating added.
    sstcla215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
    If they are like the pimple bumps, hopw long does it take for them to go away? Because it really hurts when I use the restroom not like a uti pain just like a stinging. Also maybe from being sore from being a little too sexually active.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal illness? I have white vaginal discharge so what is the illnes I got now ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been sleep with my boyfriend with condom and after 3 day I started to got achy on my vagina and after 5 day I got some white vaginal discharge coming out, so what's a problem then ? Please advise !

I have two small red/white bumps inside my mout one under lip other on inner cheek [ 3 Answers ]

I have two bumps inside my mouth - one on left cheek and other under top lip does anyone have thoughts?

Vaginal bumps/pimples/ingrown hairs [ 7 Answers ]

OK... I bought I cheap pack of razors about four months ago an shaved off all my pubic hair. Afterwards I got about 30 little red bumps all over the area where I grow hair, not near my lips or inside my vagina. They didn't hurt, itch or anything. They formed white heads like pimples and I was able...

White bump on vaginal area; tested negative for std [ 19 Answers ]

Hello! I've had a white pus looking bump on my vaginal area like a months ago. I don't have one at the moment (it comes back after a few months from time to time). It doesn't itch, or burn when I pee. It's just uncomfortable to touch. I don't bother it when it is there. I just take a nice warm...

How to find area of hexagon , when an triangle area inside it is given [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Pl help to find the area of hexagon , when equilateral triangle inside it touching the mid point of three sides is given . The area of triangle is 12 Sq.m

View more questions Search