I feel as if I am wearing tight socks
    Why do I feel as if I am wearing tight socks
    denmar13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 10:49 AM

Why do I feel as if I am wearing tight socks
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 08:01 AM

Is this all the time or just when you are exercising? Is it different in summer and winter? How long have you been feeling like you are wearing tight socks?

Jun 28, 2010, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    Is this all the time or just when you are exercising? Is it different in summer and winter? How long have you been feeling like you are wearing tight socks?
    Thank you for your reply.
    It is most of the time and we live in a the canaries so I am always warm, this has been happening for about a year, sometimes my feet feel numb.
    Margaret
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2010, 09:47 AM

It's entirely possible that your feet have swollen slightly in the heat.

However, coupled with the numbness makes me think it might be a good idea to go to a doctor and ask for a diabetes check. Often problems with feet are one of the first symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Get that ruled out first.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jun 28, 2010, 09:58 AM

That was my first thought, too.

After getting checked for diabetes, you should be able to find socks made for diabetics. They're made slightly bigger, and with less elastic, than regular socks.

Jun 29, 2010, 12:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    It's entirely possible that your feet have swollen slightly in the heat.

However, coupled with the numbness makes me think it might be a good idea to go to a doctor and ask for a diabetes check. Often problems with feet are one of the first symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Get that ruled out first.
    Thank you
    The doctors here are fantastic and they are free so I will do that today

Margaret
    Kazzbar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Hi I also have feet issues, my feet feel like I am wearing sock, also like they are both asleep sometimes worse than others, and even when I wake up in the morning. I have been tested and do not have any diabetes, any other idea's, did you find out Margaret what was your problem?

Dec 19, 2010, 07:38 AM

Yes yours sound exactly the same as mine I went on the doctor helpline and they recommended the wobble board exercise, so my husband made me one and things have improved, it also improves your balance. I hope this helps.
    Margaret
    caseyman17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
    I have this same contition. Also I can walk bare footed on hot asphalt and never feel the heat. I was
    Checked and ruled out for diabetes. I had nerve conduction test and found good news and bad. Problem
    Is from the operations I had on my knees over thirty years ago, Seven on right and eight on left. Scar tissue caused the nerves to be shorted out. I was thankful for the finding but dissapointed to learn
    It can't be fixed. If the scar tissue causes restriction on blood flow then that would require surgery.
    Hope this helps.
    nana1353 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 02:53 AM
    I have the same condition, it is called Pheripheral Neurophaty. I have tingling and burning sensation on my feeth and hands. I am taking Gabapentin for nerve damage. I had accupuncture that helped the burning sensation for a month. Good luck and God Bless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub traps tight threads can't loosen tight threads [ 1 Answers ]

The threads for the trap on my bathtub are rusted. I can not loosen the plate. Should I use a torch?

Dirty Socks Smell [ 1 Answers ]

What causes the dirty socks smell coming from the air conditioning vents? How do you correct it? Is is dangerous to your health? Thanks, Anne

Probabilty homework on socks. [ 9 Answers ]

Allright this is my question its big... please teach me how to solve it too... Sean has a drawer containing 12 black socks, 12 brown socks, 12 blue socks and 12 green socks, all loose and not properly paired. Sean takes socks out of the drawer at random without replacements in the dark. How...

What kind of socks can I wear? [ 2 Answers ]

This may be a stupid question, but I work for a shoe company and I've seen many styles of "ballerina shoes" that I think are really cute. The trouble is, since the opening of the shoe is so large, you can see your socks when you wear the shoes, even with jeans. So, what kind of socks can I wear...

My Socks Stinks a lot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a new bie here all the way from kathmandu, Nepal and don't know whether I'm posting it in the right topic. My problem is my socks stinks a lot and it really letting me down. It is very sameful. Please help me what I suppose to do. What is it actually and how I can get rid of it?

View more questions Search