Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaschnei Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Is there a trick to re-inflating tires on sears 536.881750 snow thrower?
    Both tires are flat, and it seems that when I fill with 20 psi air, they don't seal on the rims. I don't think there is any kind of hole/leak in the tires themselves.
    meltrol Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Had the same problem with mine a few years ago. I used a ratcheting motorcycle tie-down strap around the circumference of the tire to expand it against the rim. (Note: You may want to take the tire/wheel assembly in the house where it's warm to do this,. the tire will be more pliable). Then I used an air compressor to fill the tire while at the same time releasing the strap. You really need a compressor to put the air in fast, not a hand pump. Also, I used that green slime stuff in the tires to seal against further leakage. They are tubeless tires and it is common for them to get pin-hole leaks in the tread area... probably made in China. I haven't needed to add air since then.
    jaschnei Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 11:02 AM
    Comment on meltrol's post
    Thank you. Tried most of that already, but didn't think of bringing it inside to the warmth. At this point am probably going to venture out to a service station and have them do it on their machine. I just can't get it to seal...
    meltrol Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
    I'm not sure what a service station can do for you. When I was a kid and worked at a service station (many, many years ago) we did it with an inflatable band around the tire to make the tire bulge out and seal against the rim... similar to the ratcheting tie-down strap I suggested. The inflatable band was probably capable of exerting even more pressure on the tire. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use wheel lockout pin on snow thrower 536.887251 [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change from 1 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive

I have a sears craftsman snow thrower with elctric start - but cannot get it started. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sears craftsman snow thrower with elctric start - but cannot get it started. (model 536.881651). Purchased about 3 years ago - but never needed to start before. It sounds like it wants to start - but won't 'catch' when I release the starter button. Directions indicate to push in the safety...

Where is the choke and which way do you turn it on sears 6.6 HP Snow thrower to? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5.5 HP Dual Snow Thrower that was never used but Now I need to use it. I am a women and I do not know what the choke is and it says to turn it to the on position. Can some one help me. Please?

Owners Manual needed Sears Snow Blower 536.886510 [ 5 Answers ]

HI I inherited a snow blower Need the manual to fix it up''thanks Jeff

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search