Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Everyonehatesme Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Why Does everyone hate me??
    Hi,My name is Ricardo.
    I'm 16 and live with my 2 older brothers and my father in Ireland.
    My mum died when when I was 8.
    When she did my dad sent me away to boarding school.
    But my brothers got to stay.
    I came home start of this year.
    When I did my brother was married and so was my dad they didn't even tell me well they didn't write.
    Now everyone hates me but I don't know why.
    My birthday was last week didn't get 1 card none even cared.
    I usually think about killing myself and its all I think about all the time everywhere.
    What should I do?
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Dec 14, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Do you have any friends you can talk to? : )

The family situation sounds complicated, that is a lot to deal with, especially as you are so young. Why do you think the family isn't close?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 14, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Seek professional help. Its human nature that we sometimes get caught up in stuff that is very detrimental to us and it sounds like you have. Since there is no one there in your immmediate environment who appears to be able to help you, please seek help -- from a counselor at school, your doctor, even a crisis helpline you can ring up. You have to be willing to take the steps necessary if you want to solve this. Its not possible to orchestrate any kind of tangible help from a simple Q&A forum such as this.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Dec 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
    I agree with Val
    As helpful as this site is it cannot match an expirienced counselor when it comes to issues like this, but feel free to use the site to vent or just to explain what's happeing in your life and your interractions with your family
    shadyslady313 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyonehatesme
    Hi,My name is Ricardo.
    When I did my brother was married and so was my dad they didn't even tell me well they didn't write.
    Now everyone hates me but I don't no why.
    I usally think about killing myself and its all I think about all the time everywhere.
    What should I do??
    Im sooo sry,my names Nicole and I'm 17yrs old.. I guess I really don't know what to say to all this because I'm not exactly going through what your going threw so I guess I don't know.. but I know u dny=t know me but I'm here to talk whenever.. and we can get to know each other.. well write back if u want to.. ttyl..
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 15, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Hi Ricardo, sounds like you have been having a real tuff time with things over the last few years with all the changes at home and with your family etc and the passing of your mother. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get any cards for your birthday but I will wish you late Happy Birthday... You have been given some very good advise by the people that have replyed to your post on this forum and hope that you can listen to the words of there advise... Now you seem like a very strong person, to be able to come on here and shear your words, so I hope that you will keep strong and not think about doing any harm to yourself !

Do you have any friends or family on either your mothers side or your fathers side that you get on with well and maybe able to speak to? It would also be a good idea to go and visit the doctor and tell him also about the way that your feeling.
    Everyonehatesme Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2006, 03:05 AM
    I understand I need real help.
    But I've never told anyone how I feel.
    I'm afraid of having my dad know.
    The only other person I really know is my uncle and he seems to hate me as much my dad and my brothers.
    I do have friends and a girlfriend but I never act as if anything is wrong.
    Thanks for the advice.
    rhia Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyonehatesme
    Hi,My name is Ricardo.
    Now everyone hates me but I don't no why.
    I usally think about killing myself and its all I think about all the time everywhere.
    What should I do??
    Wow, tough life! Find some friends and a community that you're happy and comfortable with, got any family/ friends that don't hate you? Believe in yourself, things aren't fair for you, it's not because of you.
    Rjeannie93
    rewes Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 5, 2009, 06:14 PM

Ricardo, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered here.
    One thought comes to mind. You spend much of the year away at school. You are not there to cause a problem for any of them.
    Maybe the problem isn't of you. Sounds like they are the ones with the problem. Unfortunately, it is you who is suffering from their problems.

Without any details to work with, I can only say, "study hard so you can start your own family in a couple of years or so ". Teach them how to love.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 5, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rewes View Post
    Ricardo, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered here.
    One thought comes to mind. You spend much of the year away at school. You are not there to cause a problem for any of them.
    Maybe the problem isn't of you. Sounds like they are the ones with the problem. Unfortunately, it is you who is suffering from their problems.

Without any details to work with, I can only say, "study hard so you can start your own family in a couple of years or so ". Teach them how to love.
    Hey Rewes, welcome the forum!

Just a quick tip: Some of these threads are old, such as this one. Before you put in all the effort to give a great and helpful answer, make sure you check that the posts are recent! This post is from a couple years ago.

I've made the same mistake several times before, ha. Just something to look out for in the future!

Again, welcome!
    rewes Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Oct 6, 2009, 01:39 PM

JR, That's a useful tip you gave me. Oh well. .
    It's a good thing that I learn best by my mistakes. Thanks
    I wonder how Ricardo is getting along now.

Rewes
    kingpyro222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Honestly man I feel your pain my parents ignored me my entire life and just were never aroung unless my brother and sister were there because those were their prodigies. I was told that I was a mistake and they regret having me. I personally cut them out of my life I mean why spend your life trying to please people that don't care. Be you and be happy that you are who you are. If you are happy with that then move or anything to start over. I now have a fiancé and a daughter and my parents will never know them because I wasn't important enough for my parents. If you want to talk more let me know will glady be shoulder and any help.
    blawh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Hey!. I'm going through the same thing as you and I understand how your feeling... my parents just ignore me all the time!. and being the youngest member of my family... I think that I should get some love! But I don't . Im a big joke to evryone... my couzines and my siblings.. they all make fun of what I do ! They even make fun of my friends!. they say lots of things about me in front of me which really hurts! My older brother is given more importance in the family... I'm just ignored... when I tell this to my parents... they just say that they don't have any favourite child and stuff but they really do!. I'm really hurt about how they're treating me and I just thought to share it cux your going through the same thing ! And I'm too shy to go and talk to the school counsellor even and my next problem is my best friend!. she is always liked more!. when I meet new friends also she starts talking to them and they just forget me and I'm just left alone! And while not being loved by my family.. it sux to be ignored by my friends too ! So even if I try to make new friends... my best friend just steals them from me and it doesn't help me at all
    ian_Sweens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Hi Ricardo, my name is Ian. I feel really bad about what your going through and the situation your in. Also, I'm so sorry about your mother. My one mother nearly died of cancer. Another person gave the advice to seek professional help, which is a very good start. Another thing is, I know you feel everyone is against you, but I guarantee there are many people who like you, and you should look for some nice people at your school to be friends with. Along with that, all the people and I who have responded truly care about your well-being. Last thing is about killing yourself. My uncle committed suicide. This took a horrific mental toll on the entire family (including extended family and me), and the entire town he lived in. Killing yourself would devastate anybody who knew you, including the people who don't like you (your family). You have your whole life ahead of you, and you have numerous opportunities to give yourself and have other people help you achieve, a better life, and the one you so very much deserve. If you wish to contact me, email me at [email protected].
    bayla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Hi,
    First of all ,you have to be a hell of a strong person to keep up till now , and you got my greets for that. NOw, as for your family, it does not matter if they do not love you, it does not mean that there is something wrong with you, and you should not think that there is something wrong with you that makes people hate you, it actually means that as a family they do not have the capacity to love you and no matter if it does or does not have a reason do not bother your head with it, benefit from this experience, approach other people, meet and make new friends, join some extra activities and work on building your character in this period. Learn as much as you can. Enjoy your youth as much as you can . And a have a good time you are still young yes, but you are grown up enough to take care of yourself .
    Have a wonderful life :).
    yungpatrick111 Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

May 7, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Just kill yourself
    Danator54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Hi, my name is dana I am 15 years oold and I understand what your going though. I go to a prep school and my parents hate me they barely talk to me and its like I don't live anywhere all my so called friends hate me and I cry every night. To help me through this I started writing letters to the people that don't like me explaining why this happened and our relationships. I hope this helps and if you every need to talk I'm here for u, if you want to talk so e-mail me at [email protected] I hope this helps. :)
    miaphil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 06:52 PM
    Ricardo, you can talk to me anytime :) I know how you feel ill be your friend. Trust me I'm a nice girl (; I'm 14 & going to be a freshmen this year come talk to me if you want. Talk to me don't be shy email at [email protected] OK?
    -Mia
    kittysundae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
    Hi My parents are divorced and my dad thinks I am not good enough and is trying to ship me off to a new school I understand

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself [ 33 Answers ]

I'm so insicure about about everything I think I'm ugly fat and stupid and I just don't want to be around anymore I always think that everyone would be better off without me And that I'm just in the way of everyone I feel like my life is nothing but a big screw up And that I'm useless I...

Does he hate me? [ 5 Answers ]

My son is ten and appears to be going through a stage where everything I do is wrong he a even seems to hate me.He tells me to leave the room if I start to tell him off or locks the door so he doesn't have to listen to me.I'm at my wits end and don't know the best way to react.

Would they hate me? [ 14 Answers ]

I am gay. Nobody knows it. Don't know what will happen it I tell someone (freinds/family) Good chance my parents would kick me out. Also good chance that my & friends won't talk to me. Pleez respond...

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

WHY! Could he hate me now? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I'm abit depressed because there's this guy I know,and for a long time we've been friends.Not great friends by any means,but he's forever been friendly with me,and never gave me any reason to think he hated me.We chat occasionally,but in recent weeks he's been very withdrawn,and I haven't done...

View more questions Search