Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d_ben Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
    My car won't start with the key or remote starter- it just clicks under the dash.
    I have a Suzuki Forenza with an aftermarket remote starter. There is no chip in the key. Sometimes it just won't start- either with the key or with the remote starter. When using the key I hear clicking under the dash, but the starter does not attempt to start the car. When trying the remote the lights will flash and it clicks under the dash but again it doesn't start. There is power to the rest of the car. I just replaced the battery thinking it was not supplying enough power to the starter, but still does it.

Twice I jumped the car while having this problem and it started.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 01:02 PM

If you know for sure that the battery is good, the ECM may be bad. Main relays often ground through the ECM--when they are failing, it's common for the main relay to chatter or buzz. Perform the tests in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675

What year is the car?
    d_ben Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 01:11 PM

The car is a 2004. We didn't have the problem before the remote starter was put on the car. When using the key I can get to make a chattering sound if I hold the key in a specific spot.

I don't know much about cars but it seems like there is a bad relay not making connection to tell the starter to start the car?? Sound loigical? Also... so I understand better- what is the ECM?

Appreciate the responses.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 01:17 PM

It is not likely the ECM (computer), since the car is so new. My experience is that aftermarket security systems and remote starter systems are problem-prone. I would try and remove it, if possible.
    doober1011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Did you ever find out if it was the remote starter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car will not start no power, then dash light come on but will not start [ 1 Answers ]

When attempt to start there is no power , radio has lost power and code has to be inputted. Light in dash pane come on and there is clicking when attempting to start but will not start. Battery is good.

Tractor won't start with key - but I can jump starter to start [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a used Ford 1210 compact tractor and it will not start with the key. I replaced the switch and still no luck. Tested the safety switch & wire that goes to the starter and both are in good order (verified with ohm meter). When I try to start with the key, the lights dim some so I can see...

Craftsman LT won't start just clicks on turn key [ 11 Answers ]

HI all , I have craftsman lawn tractor (model 502255192) I put a new battery in it last month and it ran fine,but now when I turn the key all I get is a single click when I turn the key to the right and a single click when I turn the key off.I tried jumping the battery with a charger but this did...

Remote car starter [ 2 Answers ]

Can I switch a remote car starter from one car to another? Mechanically I think it can be done but I'm not sure if the remote itself is programmed for a certain car. Thanks

View more questions Search