Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazm04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 09:52 AM
    WELL WATER My well water pressure gauge is zero,No water at home,
    No leakage of water is seen from pressure tank,had a new water pump installed 10 months ago, could gauge be at zero due to freezing any water pipes ?
    P.S no water inside tank is left.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 10:44 AM

1. Check the breaker.
    2. If breaker is on, then take the grey cover off the switch and see if the points are touching.

Do that and post results. Freezing pipes could be a problem. Still, do the two things above and get back.

Dec 15, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Comment on jlisenbe's post
    Breaker is on ,
    Switch electric connection wire are connected

Dec 15, 2010, 11:49 AM
    Yes
    Breaker is on
    Switch electric connections are intact

jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2010, 03:13 PM

If the contact points are together (closed) and the breaker is on, then current should be going to the pump. I'd first use a voltmeter to make sure I had current on the wire going to the pump. If you do, then you might have a pump problem, even though the pump is fairly new. The fact that the pressure tank seems to be empty would point to a pump that is, for some reason, not pumping.

Is the pump above ground or in the well?

Are the pipes in the area of the tank frozen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What pressure water gauge? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... we also had a water pressure gauge installed in the crawl space... set to 65... but there is hardly any pressure to water at the backyward faucet. My father thinks the whole problem with popping pressure off in the bathrooms started with the Kmart 1/2 hose at the backyard faucet. How could...

Water pressure gauge does not move [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed the other day that the water pressure gauge is at 48 psi and does not move. The pump cuts in after several minutes of running the water and cuts out a couple minutes later. I did not notice any change in duration to when the pump cuts in and when it turns off. Can it be that I have a...

No pressure in tank-gauge at 0 water flow to home is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house so I know the well pump works fine. The problem is that there is no pressure in the pressure tank and the gauge is at 0. over the winter I ran the water to a steady flow so the pipes wouldn't freeze when the temps dropped to single digits what's wrong with the...

View more questions Search