Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junodaniels Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 12:42 PM
    Kohler single control kitchen sink faucet disassembly
    I have a Kohler K-10412 single control kitchen sink faucet that is leaking. I have read earlier answers on this site about how to repair it, but I am stuck at the point where the handle has been removed. How do I remove the bonnet, part #1003662? The directions said "lift up part 103662", but I can't. Does it really just lift and I need to use something to pry it loose? Or, does it unscrew, and I need to buy some kind of wrench to do it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Here's some information that might help:
    Attached Images

Dec 13, 2010, 01:49 PM
    I have those diagrams already. That's how I knew the part numbers. There is no clue in those diagrams how to get the bonnet loose and remove it so I can get at the mounting nut below and eventually the valve. What do I do? Buy a big wrench and unscrew it, or just try to pry it up with a screwdriver?
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2010, 06:16 PM

Gee! Thanks for the bad report. I went to a lot of hassle to retrieve those diagrams.
    I thought that most everybody knew that a nut unscrews. You're asking how to unscrew a bonnet packing nut? COUNTERCLOCKWISE! In case you have a problem with that just look at your clock.

Dec 13, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    I'm sorry you're upset. You still haven't read my question correctly. Look at the diagrams you found. Part #1003662, a bonnet, is ABOVE the mounting nut. The directions given me on the Ask Me Help Desk earlier said "lift off part #1003662". How?
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 14, 2010, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    The directions given me on the Ask Me Help Desk earlier said "lift off part #1003662". How?
    Show me where I said that.
    I'm sorry you're upset.
    I was upset because I thought I answered your question in the right hand diagram and you gave me a bad report for trying.
    And if you will look at the left hand diagram that I put up to answer your question you will see the bonnet has threads. (see image) Rule of thumb: If it can't be pulled off then chances are it's threaded.
    Remember: Righty/tighty lefty/looseie!
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2010, 09:06 AM

Tom, I wanted to give you positive rate but it will not let me I must spread some reputation.

Junodaniels,

Tom's diagram shows that the bonnet nut is threade just follow his instructions and will be able to remove the bonnet nut, god luck.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 10:26 AM

"god luck" Freudian slip
    Charles_Ad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 12:47 PM
    What if the bonnet still does not budge? Is there some kind of rench that could be used?
    Kohler said use vinegar to loosen, but that did not help too.
    Puru_r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 07:48 PM
    I had a similar problem. I just had to tap on all sides of the bonnet a little bit and then unscrew the bonnet. It came off easily. Basically it was screwed to the mounting nut.

Puru
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2011, 06:22 AM
    This is a year old thread.
    This a brass to brass connection. No rust here. Just squirt some WD-40 on the threads and back it out counterclockwise. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove handle from kohler k-r648 single control kitchen sink faucet [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to remove single handle from kohler K-R648.(Water is oozing from handle.) I have removed set screw, but handle will not come off. I don't want to force too hard and break something. Any suggestions.

Kohler K-10412 Kitchen Sink Disassembly [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Kohler K-10412 kitchen sink with separate spray hose. I found a good response to what may need to be done to fix a leak from the faucet, but I can't seem to find a way to disassemble it. At the rear of the handle there's a small oval 'blank -and I tried prying it out with no luck. ...

Disassembly Instructions for Kohler K-10412 Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I take apart the faucet barrel on the Kohler K-10412 Faucet?

Kohler kitchen faucet single handle removal instructions [ 2 Answers ]

My Kohler Kitchen Faucet make a whining sound when on. I am trying to take the faucet apart, but, can't figure it out. If I take the "Hot Cold" emblem off, there is a phillips head screw. If I take it out, nothing happens. How does it come apart? Anyone know?

Single-Control Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single control pull-out spray kitchen faucet, the kind that pulls out of the main faucet and is activated by pushing a rubber button on the top of the handle. The sprayer stays on until I turn off the water, then it reverts to a regular flow. Lately, however, it doesn't revert, and...

View more questions Search