Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roby123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Hellow There! How to show a 400 amp service into two 200 amps panels/meters
    I am adding a new electrical service to an existing one in the city of chicago. And was asked that I have to add a 400 amps with multiple meters, however I will need only 200 amps metered for my service. I need to show a one line diagram for the inpector.
    Any help!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 05:55 AM
    At this site you can see a sample of a oneline, and download a free demonstration and free trial that you can make your own, based on the system you have or need.

One-line Riser Diagrams - Electrical Software - Design Master

And a sample riser diagram of a simple residential service, you can see the detail that is needed.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf riser1.pdf (42.4 KB, 288 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400 amp service into (2) 200 amp panels [ 0 Answers ]

I have a job I'm looking at which has an existing 400 amp service which splits at the meter to (2) 200 amp fused disconnects and then feeds (2) 200 amp panels independently that are ion the second floor in the middle of the building. They want a 80kw generator to do the whole service with a 400 amp...

Relocating and upgrading my 200 amp service to 400 amp service [ 4 Answers ]

Im getting ready to upgrade and relocate my 200 amp service to a 400 amp service about 10 feet away away from original location. A new 400 amp meter base will be back to back with 2 new 200 amp panels. My question is, can I take out the guts out of my 200 amp panel and use it as a junction box to...

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

Can I run 400 amps with two 200 amp boxes? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to run 400 amp service in my new home and I was wondering if it is possible to run two separate 200 amp boxes instead of 1 400 amp with is much more expensive. If so do I need a main 400 amp lug or can I use the two separate 200 amp mains?

View more questions Search