Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spoanugleg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 04:15 PM
    I'm a blonde but I am smart and pretty so why do people say that blondes are dumb
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 04:46 PM

They don't say it about blondes who don't act stupid. If you play at being Barbie and act helpless, then you get the blonde jokes. If you ace all the exams, that silences the jokers.
    Shelly404 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
    People say that blondes are dumb because they're jealous of how blondeies look and everything like that. The guys at my school make fun of blondes because they think that it's "funny" when it's really not at all. Not all blondes are dumb. As long as you don't act like barbie.
    Strength89 Posts: 72, Reputation: 24

Nov 28, 2010, 03:56 PM

It's a stupid stereotype that people cannot seem to drop.

Brunettes are dumb as well.

Not all Asians are good at math. Not all Hispanics or African-Americans women have a big booty.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2010, 04:02 PM

Hello s:

Back in the 50's there were three blond movie stars, Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield and Mamie Van Doren, who PLAYED dumb and the idea stuck.

excon
    Lislj Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Sometimes as a former blond, (went gray now), its just too easy to be that dumb blond. An example is when I am working on my car, and some guy sees me, and starts telling me what to do. I just look at him with my mouth half open, wanting to say, "you have no clue what you are talking about!". I hesitate because I don't want to be rude. And the next thing I know, the same guy is implying that I'm a dumb blond because I didn't insult him. The people that use the term dumb blond are just pretty stupid in my opinion.

My youngest is blond, blue eyes, perfect body, and a straight "A" student. People assume that blonds are dumb, but the truth is, that we are just too polite and caring to hurt their feelings and correct them! Lol..

Oh, and Julie is only eleven years old - on Valentine's Day, she needs an 18 wheeler to bring home all the cards, candy and jewelry... when she's a teen, I'm in big trouble. Lol. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are blondes really dumb [ 21 Answers ]

Is it ture that blondes are really dumb

Smart or Dumb - paranoid newbie [ 2 Answers ]

Ok Experts - here is a paranoid and really dumb question. If I use the wording provided in the many samples of validation letters and suggested answers that I find online - won't the scum sucking attorney be twice as determined to show who is boss and in control. I am just paranoid about...

Wireless help for dumb blonde [ 6 Answers ]

Finally got rid of dial up! DSL is great, but I still have to run a wire across the living room! How do I go wireless with a router? Is it expensive? Will I be able to connect to the same modem with more than one computer? Does a little antennae plug into the computer? Any advice would...

View more questions Search