Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ket1220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Heat won't turn back on after hitting thermostat temp
    I was wondering if this was a problem with the heater or the thermostat...
    Our heat turns on when I turn the temperature up on the thermostat. When the thermostat reaches the heat temp, it turns off. When the temp then drops below the thermostat temp, it will not turn back on. This morning we woke up to a temp 8 degrees below the set temp. I raised the thermostat a degree, and the heat kicks back on. It sounds like a thermostat problem, but it seems strange that it is reading the temperatures but not sending a message to the heater to start back up.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Brand and model of thermostat?
    ket1220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 11:01 AM

LUX 1500. We didn't pick it out, so I don't know much more about it. It came with the house.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I believe this is your manual

http://www.luxproducts.com/ART/suppo...ENG_Manual.pdf

Sounds like you have a thermostat probem unless you can find something in the manual

Here is a trouble shoot guide for your stat also.

Lux Products Corporation
    mumofthree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Hi
    I had the same problem with my c/h it would always kick in when I turned thermostat to 20,it would heat up and then once room temp was reached it would click off,however once room temp dropped it wouldn't click back in,someone looked at it and found the water pressure in the boiler was too low and he changed it,since then the heating does click back in once room temp drops.try this first.the only problem I have with the boiler still is if it clicks in at 15 it will not click back in once room temp drops it will only do it at 20 or above and I have no idea why this is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

No heat from vents Heil , after putting in new thermostat furnace will not turn on [ 14 Answers ]

New 100,000 80% Heil furnace put in 12-19-1997 - no heat coming out of the vents. Diagnosis from 2 different people was : 1. trace the wiring from the thermostat and the blower, because the blower works, but there is no heat so somehow the thermostat is not sending the message to the...

Replaced thermostat, now heat won't turn on [ 8 Answers ]

We recently replaced an old thermostat with a programmable thermostat, and now the heat won't kick on. My husband said he switched the wires directly over, and the AC works fine. But when we switch to heat we can hear the unit turn on, but the fan doesn't turn on or blow out anything. This is a...

Changed thermostat ac/heat fan will not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10-12 year Electric Goodman ac/heat unit. Just recently The fan runs constantly. Even in off position. I have replaced the thermostat. I have swithched the thermostat from auto to on several times. I have switched the power source box to off and on several times. Is there something else I...

View more questions Search