Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knadeem123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 04:46 AM
    Chilled water pump for HVAC
    Kindly let me know what pump I should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Mar 6, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by knadeem123
    kindly let me know what pump i should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.
    You have 100ft height... what about your friction loss, fittings, horizontal run, coil?. it best that you talk to the person who will sell you the pump, this person should have a pump flow chart... remember you will try to buy a pump a little bigger than what you need now
    Tingineer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:23 AM
    On a closed system the building height has nothing to do with the pump flow. The height up equals the height down so they cancel each other out. The pressure (friction) loss of all the pipe, fittings and components in feet of water are added up. With the presuure loss, or what is commanly called head loss, in feet of water and the flow requirements a pump can be selected.

Dave Brown
    Tingineer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 05:25 AM
    The pump salesman is not likely to be able to tell you what size of pump to buy.
    rdhanson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caibuadday
    you will try to buy a pump a little bigger than what you need now
    Oversizing pumps is a HUGE waste of money. Buy one the right size, and if your demand changes, buy another one. The money you save in energy and maintenance will justify it.

Peerless Pump of Indianapolis, IN, makes the best general sizing guide I know of. It's called "System Analysis for Pumping Equipment Selection," brochure B-4003. If the technical language is over your head, call a consulting engineer to size your pump.
    Sothearoat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 12:13 AM
    I have room size sqm, How many capacitor load for use
    saqib73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 11:55 PM
    [QUOTE=knadeem123]kindly let me know what pump I should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.[/QUOT
    Kindly let me know what types of centrifugal pumps using for HVAC
    Hasni Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingineer
    On a closed system the building height has nothing to do with the pump flow. The height up equals the height down so they cancel each other out. The pressure (friction) loss of all the pipe, fittings and components in feet of water are added up. With the presuure loss, or what is commanly called head loss, in feet of water and the flow requirements a pump can be selected.

Dave Brown
    mr.brown what should we understand when you say the height up equals the height down.I have got a 40 meter high building where I plan to place chilled water pumps on roof top.its a 6 storey hospital and risers would run down up to ground floor.equivalent length of pipe comes out around 350 meter.can you share your experience regarding selection of pumps in this case.dont have to be that precise, just a rough idea for a 350 GPM load.Thanks
    tsnhvac Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2008, 02:50 AM
    100 feet is the height of the building so the standing pressure is very less. The standing head is to be calculated for determining the pressure rating of the pump casing and accordingly the material of construction also change based on the pressure, however this is necessary only when your total standing head crosses 20 bar, wgereas in your case it is only 3 bars.
    You can go for a ordinary MONOBLOC pump with TEFC motor and Cast iron pump casing. You have to calculate the Friction drop in the pipe line and fittings. Refer the carrier hand book for piping design
    or
    select the longest path and calculate the friction loss for all the chilled water pipes in the scale of 2 - 2.5 ft / 100 ft of pipe length. Sum up the entire length and multiply with the above value and multiply the final result by 1.4 - 1.5 to cover the friction loss in all the fittings and equpments.
    Trust it clarifies
    engasemt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sothearoat View Post
    I have room size sqm, How many capacitor load for use
    :eek::eek::cool::D:o:rolleyes:
    MGourley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Where can I find a diagram for the water piping and pump nlocations of a chilled water cooling system?
    tatat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 03:59 PM
    How many days or month to put the grease and to replace the bearing of chillled water pumps
    tatat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 04:04 PM

How many month to put the gearse in the chilled water pump and how many years to be replaced the bearing of chilled water pump.
    motez1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
    Hey can anyone tell me where I can purchase chilled water pumps? Send me a site or company names. I tried using a couple I found online and there services are horrible. I need something from either USA or ITALY (thats what my boss wants). Please let me know. Thank you
    motez1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
    Hey can anyone tell me where I can purchase chilled water pumps? Send me a site or company names. I tried using a couple I found online and there services are horrible. I need something from either USA or ITALY (thats what my boss wants). Please let me know. Thank you
    media123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 01:07 AM
    How to do chill water mantenance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My well water pump is not working. I think it lost it's prime because I tapped the tank and it sounds hollow. How do I prime the pump?

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search