Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tugela Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Lexmark Printer Won't Print
    So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper feeds through, I can hear printing and then a blank page again. What is the problem. Yes, there is ink in the cartridge, because I get it on my fingers when I check the cartridge, so I need help please.
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Lexmark has a bunch of test utilities packaged with its drivers, have you tried any of these ?

Is there any paper stuck in the printer or cartridge ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Just a blank page or a blank page after what you wanted to print. If just a blank page did you remove the tape from the cartridges?

Jan 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
    No I can't see any paper stuck anywhere. Errm what are test utilities and where do I find them . Thanks

Lol yes I did remove the tape from the cartridge and what happens is... the printer starts up, the ink thingys move from side to side (to me they are printing) and then a blank page comes out... my printing is not done.
    Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Check Lexmarks site Here.
    You may have to reinstall your printer again to ensure full functonality.

Jan 10, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I have installed it about 10 times already and I have been to the Lexmark site to find answers but there are none. Is it possible that the printer cable could be faulty?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 03:01 PM
    If this is a new printer, have you changed this over to the default printer,

Jan 10, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Yes this is the default printer.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2007, 06:29 AM
    If a page ejects and the cartridge carrier moves, then its unlikely to be the cable. It has to be something in the ink delivery system. Make sure the cartridges are seated properly.

Is this a brand new printer? Has it ever worked? If its new, frankly I would return it (and get an HP). Lexmark has a poor cost per page rating, That's why their printers are so low cost, you pay through the nose on ink.
    Scouter Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Try this Shut off everything disconnect the cable from the printer to the computer.
    It is either a USB cable or a larger cable.

Hold down the top button and turn on the printer only.

It should do a self test.

If this does not work check manual for self-test

If it prints correctly then the problem is installation or cable

Jan 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Im sorry I don't understand. What top button should I hold down. Also I tried with another USB cable and still get a blank page.
    Thanks for all the help
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2007, 10:08 PM
    This is a stab in the dark but are the ink cartridges the right ones for that printer model?

Jan 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest carr
    This is a stab in the dark but are the ink cartridges the right ones for that printer model?
    As far as I can see and I have checked these are the right cartridges and are proper Lexmark ones.
    Thanks
    CVking333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Follow these steps. They worked for me.

1. Click on Setup.
    2. Go to Maintenance.
    3. Choose Clean Printhead, Align Printer, then Print Test Page
    4. After that try printing and it should work.
    5. If not choose Check Ink Levels to see if the ink is the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generic Ink to suit a Lexmark Printer [ 5 Answers ]

Could anybody advise me on the cheapest effective option for generic ink to suit a Lexmark P3150 printer. Thanks

Printer Won't Print [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook(Pentium II) with Windows 98. The printer is an HP Officejet v40xi. Recently, I took my computer into the shop because the cursor went off the screen. After solving the problem, I brought the machine home, hooked up the printer, and tried to print. The error...

My hp deskjet 3600 won't print! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my deskjet 3600 printer will not print word documents from word it says printing but it doesn't at all

Printer won't print web pages! [ 3 Answers ]

My HP psc 1200 series all-in-one printer works fine offline, but will not print webpages. When I try to print a web page, nothing happens... no error message... NOTHING! I've talked with HP support, no luck. I've downloaded all the latest service packs for IE, no luck. Everything is connected!...

Printer that does not print [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I installed a lexmark 3200 in my win 98 PC. And I can not print a word document or notepad document or anything, the only thing that I can print is any image that I find in the internet. So I tried uploading the file to a free website that I created just for this document at lycos, thinking...

View more questions Search