Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looking4others Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2010, 04:02 PM
    I found out at 26 that my dad was not my biolgical father. Anyone else?
    Anyone else dealing with social issues surrounding non-paternity? I found out at 26 that my dad was not my biolgical father. Anyone else?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 04:43 PM

Deal with it and move on does it make you any less than the person you are? What do you mean when you say 'social issues from non-paternity'.
    Does that make your dad any less ? Tell me what he hasn't given you. Or am I missing your point here.

No, I am not a person who didn't have a non biological father, but I know a lot of people in your shoes.

Tick
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2010, 04:47 PM

Many people, and many Never find out, It's not easy raising kids, for what ever reason your Father wasn't there, Your Dad was, I don't think it was his place to tell you, more likely your moms, Probably never knew how to tell you, and may not have helped with you knowing, anything change?
    looking4others Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    A lot changed. It helped understand some differences I instinctively felt growing up. I lucked out having two great guys as dads and I know it was tough for my mom to deal with. Wish more had been done in terms of offering support I guess?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 05:48 PM

I applaud your comments and get the impression that you have a mature outlook on the situation. Yes, it must have been difficult for your mom but she obviously brought you through it. You appreciate your mom, I can see that. All the best.

Ms tickle
    MaryIL Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 03:06 AM
    I heard they once tested people randomly, and found a really high percentage of kids have different parentage than the dad, and no one but the mother is aware of it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryIL View Post
    I heard they once tested people randomly, and found a really high percentage of kids have different parentage than the dad, and no one but the mother is aware of it.
    When you make a blanket statement like this can you show any reference to back it up?
    MaryIL Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 11:34 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I said I just heard it, that implies I hadn't researched it. Feel free to Google, this is what I pulled up.
    http://menshealth.about.com/od/lifestyle/a/paternity.htm
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/aug/11/childrensservices.uknews

http://
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 11:40 PM
    I heard they once tested people randomly,
    This is ridiculous. DNA testing is expensive. They wouldn't just do it on a whim.

Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
    Both of the sites you posted claim only 4% or 1 in 25. That's not very high at all. Another thing from a legal standpoint. The father of the child is presumed to be the husband in a marriage regardless of biology. So I don't find any of it surprising. Nor would I say it's a high percentage.

When making blanket statements on this site we strive for accuracy. That's why I had asked for you to prove up. So people later reading this thread aren't deceived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recently found out why my dad was going away for the weekend [ 8 Answers ]

Hey all I recently found out that the reason my dad had been going away over the weekends was to see another woman. Turns out he'd been 'seeing' her since before Christmas last year but never said anything. After a family meal (after he'd just come back) he told my mum, who then came round to...

My ex has custody, found out he isn't the bio dad. [ 12 Answers ]

My ex husband got custody of our son last year during our divorce. I was afraid I'd never see my son again so I dropped all domestic violence charges and the court ordered paternity test in exchange for visitation with my son. I now found out he had the test done and he is NOT the biological father...

I have found my dad I am trying to find my mom [ 3 Answers ]

I am adopted I found my biological dad last April through Case.Net. I tried finding my mom through that but she had gotten remarried and now I don't know what to do to find her!:confused: Any kind of help would be greatly helpful. Thank you Tiffany

My daughter's dad found out she exists and now wants a paternity test [ 17 Answers ]

I met my wife three years ago, and she already had a three year old daughter. I never knew anything about the father of my daughter, and I didn't ask my wife, though I knew she wasn't telling me everything. Well, recently within the past month the father has found out that his five year old...

Daughter has never known her biolgical father for 11 years know he wants back! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have been in so much emotinal pain the last few weeks and need outsdie opions on how to handle my very hard situation! When I was 15 I'm became pregnant with my then 15 year old boyfriend because of what happened I was not allowed to see hime very much and things were proably not...

View more questions Search