Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandieh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 02:51 AM
    Can my step dad adopt me without biological aprents signature
    I am 28 years old and just was told from my mom that my father that passed away wasn't my real father, she said my decest dad adopted me is tha possible without biological fathers signature
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2010, 04:04 AM

It may be, if your bio father couldn't be reached or found. Ask mom for a copy of the adoption papers. A court had to approve them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:36 AM

Part of the issue for the OP will be they are an adult, and adult adoptions are somewhat different than adoptions of children and each state ( in the US) will have specific rules on it, even if they allow it.
    If the one parent is dead, there is no signing requirement for the dead parent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is almost 18 and she wants her step dad to adopt her ? HOW? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is almost 18 her biological father hasn't been in contact for over 10 years. Her step dad wants to adopt her, how do we go about it?

My daughter is almost 18 and she wants her step dad to adopt her ? HOW? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need legal representative to have my husband adopt my daughter that is almost 18 years old? And do I need the biological father to sign his rights away where she is almost 18 and he has abandoned her for over 10 years?

I was adopted by step dad. I know my biological fathers name but can not find him [ 4 Answers ]

I guess I am the result of a fling my mom had with a guy in the Air Force in Washington State in 1964. When my mom went on public assistance and they looked up my dad I guess he went to court to argue that he was not the father. Her new husband officially adopted me in 1965. I don't know if my...

Adopt with step dad [ 2 Answers ]

How did I go about getting my bio father to sign off so I can have my step dad adopt me

View more questions Search