Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy2003 Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Nov 10, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Cut Water Meter Lock?
    We set up our service with our city today because our new landlord said to set it up on this day. When we called the city said they could not come out today, as they do not offer same day service. They also will not come out tomorrow (Veterans Day) and won't guarantee a time on Friday to come out. Our landlord set up service to be cut today... so they came, cut it off, put a lock on the meter and we are without water even though we paid our deposit and have never not paid a bill. 1.) Is this legal? Are some services considered life essential and have to be started within 24 hours? And 2.) If we cut the lock and only turn the water on for a little bit (like to flush the toilets, refill a water pitcher... water our dogs) and then shut it off again are we asking for a lot of trouble. They can't reasonably expect a family to go without water service for 72+ hours. Advice?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 08:41 AM

Hello happy:

They COULDN'T come out to turn the water on, but they COULD come out to shut if off, huh?? I'd cut the lock, and use a LOT of water. Screw them.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

What size meter/tap size do I need to run public water 0.3 miles from meter to house [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect to public water for a variety of reasons. City Engineering has told me I need to make the determination of tap size. House is ~ 0.3 miles from where meter will be installed on driveway/public street junction. City Engineering will make no recommendations on tap size but have...

To have water meter replaced and water tuned back on [ 1 Answers ]

This is a small 16 family condo in Sanford Florida I had an issue where my HOA president in sanford Florida my tenant of having multiple families in a 2 bedroom condo. The tenant and myself responded to the HOA and let them know that it was not so. He then had a lawyer write to me and charged me...

Water Meter [ 13 Answers ]

My water meter has been running up huge charges, and is twice - three times what it should be. Searched everywhere for leaks, but there are none. A guy told me that if we have air in the lines, this could cause our meter to false read. Now we do have air in the lines. You can hear it as it comes...

View more questions Search