Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 06:56 AM
    Why do I have a red line all around my gums
    I have a red line around all my gums for a few years. I assumed this was some gingivitis, but is it? It is read inflamed line or border around the gums, but without tendency to bleed. I have 4 crowns. I am wondering whether it is an allergy. No pain, and involving the gum margin front and back of all teeth, except incisors.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 07:30 AM

You can have a periondoantal disease without bleeding. The red line around your gum line could mean you have pockets under the gum line, irritating the tissue. These are normally measured (to indicate any problems) when you have periodic cleanings, say every 6 months.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Red gums generally indicate inflammation. Inflammation is caused when bacteria isn't being removed thoroughly on a daily basis.

Crowns can hold bacteria easily at the gumline since this is where the crown and tooth actually meet. When brushing this area use an ultra soft toothbrush, angle the bristles toward the gums and gently insert the bristle tips between the teeth and gums. Giggle the bristles (don't scrub) and then roll the brush down or up depending on the direction the bristles are.

Dipping your toothbrush in a mix of 5 drops of high quality Tea Tree Oil and 1/2 cup of water while brushing this area should help it pink up quickly. Be sure to floss this area well too. You may find that you get a little more bleeding for the first few days since this technique may get below the gums better than what you have been doing.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn brown gums into healthy pink gums? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a brownish colored gums. I don't have the best dental health but its important to change that. I would like to know how to make my gums healthy and pink again

Hole in gums [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small hole in my gum which leads to my nostral and my gums are sore what can it be oh by the way I'm a smoker can it be cancer?

86 rx7 red line when start and stay there [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 86 rx 7 rotarty engine before all this happen the car was fine the clutch went out so my friend change the clutch and the thermostat the car was over heating and when he start it the car red line 7000 rpm and stay there the gas pedal is not stuck and I don't know why the only thing I can...

Why are my gums this way? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am 17 years old and I have had gum problems for majority of my life. I first received braces at the age of 13 to straighten my teeth since the gums over lapped and caused them to space out. They trimmed it down, hoping that the problem to my situation would go away. Instead it got even worse...

View more questions Search