Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wonmum Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 07:37 AM
    Guys only:How do you react if you receive a text like this from a girl?
    If a close female friend of yours sent you a text in front of you (other friends are around too) telling you "I love you - shh don't tell anyone". What's your reaction after you read this text? What will you do afterwards? If you also like the girl,what will you do or what will you say to her? If you think her as only your friend,what will you do or will you just ignore the text?

Thank you very much!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 06:42 PM

How old are you?

Nov 7, 2010, 07:25 PM
    Comment on I wish's post
    Why do you ask this?
    Family & People Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 08:58 AM

If you're uncomfortable giving your exact age, you can give a range. We ask for your age range so that we can give you appropriate advice that would be the most helpful to you.
    kpg0001 Posts: 88, Reputation: 12

Nov 8, 2010, 03:45 PM
    This person is a teenager, I would say 13-16. Is it that hard to guess? I would be confused as to why she texted me in that sort of situation and I would ask her about it later when it was just me and her. Then again I'm not that age and don't think relationships are supposed to be like in the movies. In fact at that age I would probably have no idea what to do. It's just an all around awkward situation.

Nov 8, 2010, 08:59 PM
    I'm 20-24

You would ask her about it when it was just you and her even if you don't like her back? Would it be a bit mean?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 8, 2010, 09:39 PM

If you don't like her back than just pretend that it was a joke, or act like a guy in his 20's and be honest with her.

What's with all the teen games at this age? Texting is ruining relationships, friendships and otherwise.

Also, yes, I'm female, and I know you only asked for advice from males, but you cannot dictate who answers your posts, it's an open forum.
    Family & People Expert

Nov 9, 2010, 11:03 AM

I think that you're overthinking this. I suggest you figure out how you feel and go from there.

If you like her and want to be with her, then tell her how you feel and see what happens, as opposed to constantly overanalyzing all her actions in detail.

If you only see her as a friend, then leave it be. Just be friends.

Nov 9, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Actually I'm the girl who sent the text to this guy a few days ago when we were dancing in a club. He looked a bit confused when he received the text. Later on,this guy sat next to me on a bench. His friend asked us whether we were still hungry or not. I said "yes,i'm still hungry". Then, this guy suddenly put his arm around my waist, and his hand is on my belly. He stroked my belly and asked me,"you've eaten a lot in the buffet. Why do you still feel hungry?" I was shocked and I screamed. He got his hand off immediately. Luckily nobody else noticed what we were doing. Later on, his friend left. This guy showed me the text which I had sent to him... and he asked me directly, "why are you sending me the text?" He looked confused and he kept looking at the text... I said,"because the music in the club was too loud. That's why I just sent you the text" He still kept looking at the text. I felt very embarrassed and went to the toilet immediately... I have no idea whether he still likes me or not. Actually 4 months ago,he sent me the same text telling me " xxx (my name),i love you - shhh don't tell anyone" . Now, I just do the same thing...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 08:38 AM

You sent this person a text saying that you love him. When he tried to show affection in a somewhat playful manner, you screamed and he was confused. He asked about the text and instead of opening a discussion about friends and feelings, getting together or even 'I was playing around like you did', you give him a 'it was loud in the club' answer. You got embarrassed because he got confused? What did you expect or want his reaction to the text to be? Why did you send the text?

If he sent you the same message months ago, how did you respond to it then? What are your feelings for him? Are you wanting more than friendship? Are both of you single? If so, talk to him. You may find that you both want to try dating. You may find that the 'love' is a really good friendship, but isn't a romantic relationship.

Communicate in person not by text so that there can be no misunderstandings. Ask him out for coffee/tea/soda to discuss the matter.

Good luck.

Nov 10, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Threads merged, next time just post a new post instead of clicking reply so many times.

I didn't like him 4 months ago but he sent this text to me. I was a bit shocked and felt embarrassed at that time but I just pretended that nothing had happened and ignored the text. Last month, every time he saw me, he just touched me and teased me

He played footsie with me, touched my hair,messed up my hair (once he told me that he loved my hair), put my hair into his mouth and bit it and said, "xxx(my name),the smell of your hair is even better than your cooking", touched my fingertips,

Touched my back, playing with my hair... etc..
    Sometimes we talked to each other on skype and he always asked me to turn on the webcam because he wanted to see my stupid face.. he had asked me more than twice who I liked but I didn't answer his

Question. Once he told me "(xxx)my name,everybody loves you...then, do you love me?" I said,"yes, of course!" Then he asked,"then do you love me sexually?" I asked him to *uck off because I was very embarrassed. Actually, I do like him.

I do like him romantically (I don't want to use the word 'sexually') and I want to date him... but it's too embarrassing for me to tell him..
    Not just through the text message,once he told me he loved me on skype in front of webcam and I kept

Laughing because I was very happy. He often called me "ugly" and "fat" in a playful way but all of my friends told me that I was skinny (around 51 kg). He also called me "stupid", "idiot" and "shut up" in a playful way... but he had never

But he had never called his other female friends "ugly" or "fat" although he truly thought some of them were ugly. I asked him why he didn't tell those ugly female friends that they were ugly. He said,"because they will feel hurt".

I asked, "then why did you call me ugly and fat?" He said playfully,"because you won't feel hurt and your heart is just like a brick wall"

Yes,he's single. I do like him and I want him to take the initiative.

Yes,he's single. I do like him and I want him to take the initiative. I want him to tell me, "I like/love you romantically. Could you be my girlfriend and go out with me?" The reason why I sent the text to him is because I do like him in that way.

Nov 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Comment on I wish's post
    Actually I'm the girl who sent him the text...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 11:38 PM

Are you sure you're in your 20's because this is young teen behavior.

Stop playing all these little games and talk to the guy, tell him how you feel. If you keep playing the games than be prepared to remain confused and remain single.

Nov 11, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    Yes,you're right. I'm going to ask him whether he still likes me or not... but I'm sure that I'll be very nervous since I'm not experienced and he's 5 years younger than me...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 06:11 PM

Comment on I wish's post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm 20-24
    Comment on Cat1864's post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes,you're right. I'm going to ask him whether he still likes me or not... but I'm sure that I'll be very nervous since I'm not experienced and he's 5 years younger than me...
    I think we need the ages of both of you before anymore advice is given.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 02:51 AM

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's because it's 4:49AM but this post is confusing the hell out of me.

Who's who and what are their ages??

Why can't anyone be honest anymore.

Hey, I'm 18 and my name is Dave. I like long walks on the beach... bullshat I'm 23, my names Rick and I hate walking on the beach it's so hard to walk normal :)

Honesty, Integrity is simple!

Nov 27, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Does my guy friend like me romantically or sexually? Or he just likes me as a friend?
    A guy friend of mine often calls me 'ugly', 'fat', 'idiot','stupid' in a joking way but I'm really skinny and not bad-looking... He always mocks me. Every time he sees me, he just winds me up! Once when I was cooking in our friend's house, he threw stuff at me... he threw balloon,aubergine and lemon at me! When we were having our lunch, his friend said,"oh,my tutor is so stupid! He...blah blah blah". Then my guy friend said,"yes,he's as stupid as xxx (my name)!"

One day a group of our friends had a buffet in a restaurant. When all of us left our seats and got some food, 2 of our friends (girls) saw sushi and they were excited by saying "oh!sushi!" I also said,"sushi!" Then,my guy friend just told me,"xxx(my name),be quiet! Control yourself"
    Come on!I'm not the only person who said "sushi!" I continued getting food but wherever I went, he just kept standing in my way and he didn't let me get past!

Once we were sitting in the university library and using computers. He browsed my profile page on Facebook. Then he "print screen" my profile page and set it as a background picture on the desktop! OMG! It is the computer in the library! I wanted to grab the keyboard and the mouse and tried to change the background picture but he stopped me from doing this!

Well... I mean... he didn't do these things to me in a very serious or mean way. He did these things playfully.

Once we went to our friend's house. My guy friend and I were alone in my friend's bedroom. I was kneeling down on the floor and charged his mobile phone for him. Suddenly he was also kneeling down behind me and he started playing with my hair! He stroked my hair playfully and he touched my back and he kept laughing! When I reacted,he laughed! Then,he suddenly stood up and closed the door of the bedroom. And then he came back and continued touching my hair and my back! He even put some small stuff into my t-shirt! When he saw my reaction,he kept laughing!

Once we were walking down the street,he played with my hair again and he put my hair into his mouth! He bit it and he told me,"the smell of your hair is even better than your cooking"

Once I went to a supermarket with him and we wanted to buy some food and drinks. He likes beers and wines. He picked up a bottle of wine but he put it back on the shelf after awhile. I wondered why he did this. I asked,"oh?you don't want to buy wine? I thought you liked wine" He said,"If I buy wine,I'm going to lose you" He was quite serious when he said this.

Once both of us were invited to our friend's birthday party. Our friend introduced her friend, Peter, to me. I talked to Peter,"hi,nice to meet you ,my name is xxx" Peter said,"I remember you...i met you once a few months ago...i was a bit drunk at that time" Then I said,"really? i didn't think that you got drunk at that time" Then, my guy friend said,"xxx(my name),I'm sure that you'll remember me if i get drunk"

Once when we were alone, he asked me a question out of nowhere,"xxx(my name),do you like me?" I felt very awkward and I just kept laughing. Then he added, "sexually". Then we laughed together and changed the subject. Once we were talking to each other on skype, he asked me again,"xxx(my name), do you like me?" I asked him,"well...in what way?" He said,"sexually" Then I told him to *uck off! And he just laughed!

2months later, we were talking on Skype again. He suddenly asked me, "xxx(my name),everyone loves you. Do you love me?" I said,"yes,of course" He asked,"then do you love me sexually?" I just laughed at him and changed the subject.

Later on, he asked me, "who do you like at this moment?" I said, "it's none of your business" He said,"just tell me! who do you like atm?Just tell me" I kept telling him "it's none of your business" but he just kept asking me for 5-6 times!

Sometimes we talked to each other on skype and he always asked me to turn on the webcam because he wanted to see my stupid face! Every time he sees me on webcam,he just starts the conversation by giving comments on my hair and my glasses. 1 month ago,we were talking on skype again. He asked me to turn on the webcam again. Then he said,"oh,your hair becomes thinner,but why does your glasses become thicker?haha! And your 2 front teeth have become bigger! haha! Rabbit teeth!" He just kept laughing at my glasses and my front teeth!! Then, he put his webcam in front of the screen of his laptop. He said,"hey,xxx(my name)....look at this, look at this...this is your face. This is your face. Can you see it, xxx?Can you see it?" Then, I said,"That's enough! I don't want to see my face which is shown in your laptop." He laughed and said,"of course. Not just you, nobody wants to see your face! hahha" I said,"then why did you ask me to turn on the webcam?!" He still kept laughing at me.

What's wrong with my guy friend? He's 19 but he acts like a kid!What is his intention? Does he just want to joke around? Does he like me? If yes,in what way? Romantically or sexually? Or he's just an attention seeker? Or he sees me only as his good friend and he likes winding me up?
    Ravensark Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Nov 28, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Ask a shorter, less detailed question. Cut out all the stuff that isn't too important. It's just not worth the while for a lot of the people on here to read through this and answer a question like that.
    help_ful101 Posts: 59, Reputation: 4

Nov 28, 2010, 03:04 PM

How old are you guys seems like he's like 10 years old , tell me his age and ill tell you

Nov 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
    Comment on help_ful101's post
    Well,I've already mentioned his age in the post. He's 19.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do guys like when girls call just to talk or send random text messages? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on about 5 dates with a guy, and it seems as though he already sees me as his girlfriend. He introduced me as his girlfriend to someone, he calls me to know how my day went, etc,. My question: Is it offensive to him, if I don't call him or text him to see how he's doing or to let him...

How would a 16 year old react if a girl says she is 13 when she is relly 11 [ 18 Answers ]

How wuld a 16 year old react if a girl lies about her age and says she's 13 when she's relly 11 years old well this question is from my friend she says she's relly in love wit a 16 year old guy but he duznt know she is relly 11 years old and she's relly scared of da reactiond of the guy guy and she...

Text guys [ 3 Answers ]

I was talking to this guy at first so he tell me he has a girfirend after about a year then he says that he is going to give my number to one of his friends what do I do ? So then his friend texts me how should I handle this situation

Two guys one girl [ 13 Answers ]

There's this guy I like and this other guy I love. I don't know what to do. The guy's firend says I should date him, but I don't want to hurt the other guy. What should I do?

Twisted girl issues, lots of text [ 2 Answers ]

First off, let me apologize for the length. Just wanted to make sure I got as many details of my situation in here as necessary. So I've got a girlfriend of nearly 3 yrs at the moment, who I definitely love. A couple months back she wasn't sure if she wanted to be with me anymore, explained...

View more questions Search