Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Godinski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Under cabinet kickspace hydronic heater vs baseboard
    I am remodeling my kitchen and I currently have and 8ft hot water baseboard heater in the room. I need to put a cabinet where the baseboard heater is now. I want to use a kickspace hydronic heater under the kitchen sink in lieu of baseboard. There are several models of kickspace heaters and I can find BTU information on all of them, but I am not sure of the current baseboard heater output. I want to make sure I size the kickspace heater correctly. I may need to install two units.

Is there a rule of thumb to BTU's for fin tube base board heaters?

Any other input on the replacement of baseboard fin tube radiators with kickspace hydronic heater would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jan 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Godinski
    I am remodeling my kitchen and I currently have and 8ft hot water baseboard heater in the room. I need to put a cabinet where the baseboard heater is now. I want to use a kickspace hydronic heater under the kitchen sink in lieu of baseboard. There are several models of kickspace heaters and I can find BTU information on all of them, but I am not sure of the current baseboard heater output. I want to make sure I size the kickspace heater correctly. I may need to install two units.

Is there a rule of thumb to BTU's for fin tube base board heaters?

Any other input on the replacement of baseboard fin tube radiators with kickspace hydronic heater would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help
    8 ft in length, is this 8 ft give YOU enough heat, but what is the water temp/ flow rate of your system, average BTU output, per ft at 140F(1gpm) is 300btu ,and at 160F is 420. Your 8 ft , with 160F water is about 3360 BTU... the kick space heater ( fan coil heater) should have its own zone. You may get the kicker a little biger than your current fin tube, with a thermal stat the fan could be on/off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard Heater Problems... Help! [ 16 Answers ]

I have wired two Marley electric baseboard heaters (240v) to a Programmable Thermostat. The problem is, nothing is working… Here are the stats: BASEBOARDS Baseboard #1 is 3 feet long, 3.1 amps & 750 watts. Baseboard #2 is 4 feet long, 4.1 amps & 1000 watts. WIRE & CURCUIT BREAKER I...

Baseboard Heater [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I tried wiring a 240v baseboard heater using a double-pole breaker and single pole thermostat. I connected both white and black at the breaker, paid attention to line/load using the black at the thermostat, wire nutted the white, and connected at the heater per instructions. When I...

Baseboard Heater Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I have recently wired my entire house with brand new Dimplex baseboard heaters and thermostats. All of the heaters work great but the problem is the thermostats are not working correctly. The heaters turn on as soon as you move the stat dial past the lowest setting. They will...

Baseboard Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring a 240v 1500w heater and I ran a #12 wire because the circuit is also going to double as a A/C circuit for the summer. Anyhow I followed the wiring diagram on heater and wired to a 2pole 15amp and I turned on breaker and it popped so I pulled apart the heater and looked it all over again...

Baseboard heater help [ 2 Answers ]

I have to replace a missing baseboard heater 110 volt 1500 watt all I can find at home depot Lowe's etc is 220 volt can I use one of those hooked to 110 I do understand the output would be lower but actually don't need that much heat in that room anyway Thanks Gene

View more questions Search