Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnl232699 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Cant talk to my mother
    I feel like I can't talk to my mother. She yells at me for the littlest things. I scared to talk to her! This isn't how it should be, so I need to know what to do!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 04:02 PM
    First: How old are you?

Jan 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
    I'm 13, I don't think there's a age limit to this site. Is there?
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 04:15 PM
    It all depends on your age how I answer your question. Sorry If I gave you that impression but everybody is welcome here.

Now about your mother. What kinds of things does she yell at you for? What kind of things would you like to talk to her about? What kinds of ways have you tried talking to her? Or have you tried?

Joe

Jan 19, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I need someone to talk to about what I should and shouldn't be going through, school, friends, and family. I just moved to a new school, and I don't have any friends. The thing is I went to that school in six grade, nobody remembers me! I posted a question about my sister driving me crazy, and lots more. So I need to be able to talk to my mom. She yells at me when I try to do something nice but do it wrong, or when my math sinks, but I try hard to bring it up. There's more, but it would take time.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
    You can write a long long post. Take all the time you need, because quite honestly the more information you are able to give us on this site. The better we will be able to help you. Moving to a new school, and making new friends is hard to adjust to. I am curious on the reason for the move? How does your mom treat your sister. Are you treated differently. This can cause many problems if that is the case.

Joe
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Tell us more about your mom. Is she a single parent? Could that be the reason for the move? Are you living with just her and your sister? You can tell whatever you're comfortable with. Honest no snitching. chippers:)

Jan 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
    My mom is a single parent and has been for 10 years. My sister gets all the attention. When she does bad on an assinment, she gets a well try harder. But win I do bad, she tells me to give up, she called me a chicken last night.

Jan 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
    There's no excuse for a parent to belittle or intimate her own child. If I were you, I'd make an appointment with the school councillor to talk about it. She or he could help you.
    I know the feeling of trying to please an unpleasable parent. No matter what you do, it still its never enough. At this point I would think about putting yourself first. Next time your mother calls you a name. Tell her how it hurts you to hear that because you love her. Its not a good idea to fight or argue. It won't get you anywhere. But every now and then tell her you love her. It'll make you feel better even just a little. I hope this helps.

Jan 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Thanks, I think this will help.

Jan 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
    I hope it does. Keep in mind even if she doesn't reply the same. At least your saying it you'll start to feel better about yourself. You're a good kid. The fact you wanted to talk about her and didn't trash her shows good character. Like I said talk to a councillor at school. Tell her what's going on and how you feel. Just because you're a teenager, doesn't mean your feelings don't count.
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Exactly right! Parents who play favorites is not good. My grandmother is that way. She plays favorites. One child is her angel and the rest of them are bad apples and should not have been born.

Anyway that is my personal experience. Anyway, you will do well to talk about it and Chippers is right you have shown very good, mature character in how you have dealt with this experience with your mom. Just let her know you love her and talk to counselors at school and you will be fine. (;

Joe

Jan 22, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Sorry, jessuhelper76, I got the spread it messege. I agree with you. I've come to believe allot of our personal experiences help with posts. That's why I like the site so much.
    Abuhar Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Jan 29, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Chippers: I liked your advice, in the beginning - to tell her mom about love.

INL: I wish you will be able to be strong when your mom is in anger and what might help you to do so: think that your mom just needs help, your help, your forgiveness. She maybe treats your sister and you differently, but it is because she is very tired and doesn't see where she is unfair to her children. So tell her about this, when your mom is in a calm mood. You are really a well raised kid, and this is, too, your mom's remit.
    Jack_Jack 238 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Just sit her down and talk to her! Try to explain to her and ask her how you feel about her. The reason why she yells at you and everything is because she cares and loves you. I had the same problem and so I sat down and talked to her and it solved our problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need some one to talk to [ 16 Answers ]

Ok here it goes I am 17 and I I've been thro so much in my life that I want to give up Everything I have the best boyfriend I could ask for and the best friends ever.I just can't take my mom and dad's any more they are always bothering me and stuff and I'm tiered of it I use to cut myself and...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Why would she talk to me now? [ 5 Answers ]

I had the best relationship of my life with this one girl. Six months have gone by and my Ex-girlfriend of two years just contacted me through an online gaming service Xbox Live(exactly like an instant messenger). She said, "Nothing's changed. I have been thinking about you lately and was...

Talk to me! [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my puppy to tell he that he needs to go potty? My scotti is 5 months old now and is pretty good about going potty outside but I think it is me that is trained, not him! I am the one trained on a schedule of taking him out. He'll just go in the house never indicating that he has to go...

What to talk? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 29 M single working in a software company! I stay in a apartment ground floor my routine work is to get fresh in the morning and go for a job! While doing so I encounter in (parking area) a beautiful girl and fair looking she picks up her two wheeler in the parking slot As I do also......

View more questions Search