Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisam1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
    How can court make me pay support for a child that not mine?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 04:45 PM

Are you on the birth certificate ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2010, 04:52 PM

Probably because you are the LEGAL father. Of course without a great deal more details we really can't advise.

First, ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. We need to know what your relationship to the mother is, what your relationship to the child is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can filing abandonment force him to pay child support if there is no court order to [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I will try to make this clear. I filed for Child suppoet in Aug of 08 nothing happened two years and nothing happened. Then in 2010 I get a date he shows and is given the right to move case to fulton since he lied and said he lives in fulton when I filed(stalling tactic) he though he derailed...

Can you take your absent parent to court for child support that they never had to pay [ 7 Answers ]

Can you take the absent parent to court for child support that they never paid/had to pay as the parent who raised me never filed? The absent parent has had 18 yrs without paying one cent to raise me and help my family. I was left in foster care for 3 years because this absent parent refused to...

Can the court make non-biological father pay child support? [ 24 Answers ]

Here's the situation: My husband cheated on me in early 2004. This past year he found out through a letter from the child support office that he may have fathered a child with the woman. He went in for paternity test & he is the father. The kid is 4 years old now. The reason child support came...

Do I have to go to court to leave state if the father doesn't pay child support [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know cause he says I do but I checked into it and they say I don't have to take him to court unless he was paying child support before I left I'm so confused

View more questions Search