Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IILLOOVVEEUU Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 03:12 AM
    My boyfriend wants to have sex with me but I'm scared he's just using me
    We have been dating for 1 month and he says he loves me and that its up to me if we do or not but I'm still not sure :/
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 31, 2010, 03:15 AM
    How old are you ?
    jelly1bean Posts: 50, Reputation: 8

Oct 31, 2010, 03:52 AM
    I would suggest, don't. If you have doubts, that is not a good sign. I am not sure how old you are, but don't rush into anything and 1 month isn't long. Sometimes guys will tell you that "it is your decision and they are okay either way"... sometimes they are sometimes they aren't (they are just testing you). So, don't. You don't want to and then find out that your "gut" instinct was correct and he was just using you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2010, 05:58 AM

NO ONE should engage in sexual intercourse until they are financially, emotionally and physically ready to have a child.

A boyfriend of 1 month who is pressuring you for sex is more than likely just trying to use you. Sex is not recreation. Its an intimacy to be shared only by two people who have been and intend to be in a long term committed relationship.

Since you posted this in the Teen forum, I would suspect you may be underage. This also brings a legal aspect to this as you may be what is termed "jail bait". Having sex with you could land the boyfriend in jail.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 05:59 AM

You aren't sure?

Are you ready to be a mother? Most likely a single mother?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 06:29 AM
    You are scared he is using you, and you are unsure of whether he is using you for sex. After professing his love for you, do you see that all these concerns all add up to- run for cover?

After one month, nobody is in love. In lust, yes. Infactuated? Yes. But love? No. That is not something you know after one month of dating. Saying directly to another person that you 'love' them, is as meaningless and untrue as a three dollar bill

You are scared he is using you, and you have a good reason to be scared. Instinct is telling you that he is saying and doing all the right things, in order for you to feel comfortable enough that you will give in and have sex with him. The next thing, if you continue to resist, is he will start dropping hints that he needs more in a 'relationship', and/or he is no longer sure he wants to be with you. Also pressure on you, and an indicator this guy is bad news.

Follow your instinct here, and set your standards a little higher. Don't allow yourself to be used because someone is playing you,obviously, for their own needs. Judge the relationship on actions, not meaningless words, and allow enough time to pass so you can judge whether they are using you. If you don't give in, and he takes a hike, you will at least retain your dignity and know that you would have made a mistake, had you given in.And do you really, seriously want to risk getting pregnant with essentially a total stranger? Can you see yourself stuck with this guy for the next 20 years if you get pregnant?

If he has already got you to the point, after a month, of thinking that he loves you, and he's working that angle to get what he really wants, that in itself is proof that you should run, not walk away, from this guy. Find a boyfriend who is essentially, the total opposite of what his guy is.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2010, 06:36 AM

If he really loves you, then he'll be glad to wait.

Stick around. Read all the posts from young girls who are terrified at the possibility of being pregnant, and still in school.

There is plenty of time for doing adult things when you get to a more stable stage in your life. Why rush it? You are reluctant for a reason. Because it's simply not the right time.

Now, go get the best education available to you.

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 07:19 PM

friedpickles disagrees: appears talk down.. not a way to talk to someone
    I'm confused here. Doesn't anyone realize that sex = babies? What are they teaching in school these days?

You know, the OP and the boyfriend have only been dating a month... this is in the TEENS category.

You don't fall in love in a MONTH. Boys use the "love" excuse all the time to get a girl in the sack. Once they do, they are gone and so is the girl's reputation. Then a month later she finds out she is pregnant. Will he stand by her? No, of course not, he already got what he wanted.

Nov 1, 2010, 12:03 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    BossMan

Nov 1, 2010, 12:59 AM
    Well that's simple, DON'T as it would be ILLEGAL!!

Nov 2, 2010, 12:47 AM
    I love my bofriend but I think after a while he'll want someone else.
    He's really nice, sweet and caring but I've been his friend for awhile and I know he falls for other girls while in a relationship.
    I really don't want to lose him :( please help me what should I do??

I'm 14 and he's 15 and he's had like 10 gfs this year :/
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 12:51 AM
    All you can really do is be yourself and show that you care for him. If he doesn't seem to be able to control himself you might want to look for someone who is a little more mature. Also, you might want to look for someone who wants the same things you do, which is essentially having a relationship, because this guy (as you have mentioned) doesn't seem to have any interest in having a serious relationship. Don't be yourself up over this, and be conservative as you walk with him in what can be expected to be an extremely short journey.

Good Luck,

Javi

Nov 2, 2010, 01:11 AM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Ha. Don't care
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Your "boyfriend" is a player and clearly has only one thing in mind, but as this is clearly futile and the OP refuses to listen, so

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend and I want to have sex but I'm scared what should I do [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend wants to have sex, and so do I but I'm scared to, what should I do?

Boyfriend of 8 years(hes not a cheater)quit showing affection no sex what's going on? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 23 going on 24yrs old. My boyfriend just turned 28 2 days ago. We have been togethrer going on 8 years in Oct. When we first started it was great. We were having too much sex now this past year he is holding back. I have to beg for it, he no longer has the passion that he used to show like...

He says he's ready to have sex with me [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend is ready to have sex but I'm not sure I want to I really love him but I'm thinking of what ifs what happens if I get . I know about condoms but their not 100% protection I want to give myself to him but I'm not sure what to do yesterday we were sitting on his bed in his room and he...

My Ex boyfriend said he's not over his ex so we broke up, what should I do ? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi Everyone - I was in a relationship with a guy for a month he had been chasing me for 4 months but I wasn't sure as didn't think a guy could like me that much..! We started seeing each other and would make sure to meet me 2 or 3 times a week and was really nice to me but he finished with me...

View more questions Search