Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musicaddict Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
    cartilage piercing.left or right?
    I heard that getting your cartilage pierced on your left ear means that you are straight but if you get it on your right ear that you are gay... or something of that sort. Is this true or just bogas because I want to get my cartilage peirced =) love to hear your answers!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 07:17 PM
    That little rule does not apply to cartilage piercings. You can get your cartilage pierced on either ear, and it won't mean a thing.

However, that "rule" does apply to ear lobes. Left = Hetero, Right = Homo. Of course, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter where you get a piercing as to what your sexual preference is. Piercings should not define sexual preference. :)
    tucker_girl133 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Okay , That Rule Is Lame ; No It Doesn't Matter What Side Youu Get It On , Um I Havee My Riqht One Done & So Does My Bestfriendd . So Don't Listen Too That Rule Aiqqht ? And , Too Be Honest ! I Thynkk Cartilage Peircinqq's Are WAY Cuter On Youurr Riqhht Ear , But Thatt Mite Juss Be My Opinion (;
    tucker_girl133 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 09:09 AM

Andd , I Did Myne Myselff <3(:
    Sexy Latina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 12:54 PM
    I have mine on my right, and my friend has hers on her left. It really doesn't matter what side you put it on..
    Some people even have it on both!
    Sexy Latina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 12:54 PM
    I have mine on my right, and my friend has hers on her left. It really doesn't matter what side you put it on..
    Some people even have it on both!
    Tanskalainen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 09:22 AM

I have mine on the right ear and no of course that doesn't mean you are gay. It's a myth that ought to be buried. Though I'm waiting for the right to heal so I can get one on the left but that has nothing to do with that, just like them instead of ear lobe piercings. I'm not lesbian so get your cartilage in the right and don't worry about what people say!
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2010, 05:33 PM

I have mine on both and it really doesn't matter. :)
    painthorseluver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 08:22 PM
    You know I don't think it matters yesterday I got both of mine done because I didn't know what side to do lol it is harder to sleep lol
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Oct 30, 2010, 12:41 PM

Haha I haven't heard that "rule" since I was back in junior/middle school.. I'm gay and I have mine pierced on the left. It really doesn't matter what side you get it done on.. go for it :)
    Lexxyblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 11:41 AM
    I have mine on the left but that's because I sleep on my right side and it hurts to sleep on the piercing at first. And I'm left handed so I did left :)
    nygypsy1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Not real! Neather mean a thing. But I want mine on the right but that's me. Hope that helped :)
    michellem123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
    I think you are right because you can get your cartilage peirced anywhere but my sister said it meant you were lesbian but it doesn't.. I think that people made that up because I got mine in my left ear and I'm not lesbian I'm straight... but in my opinion I don't think it matters what side you get your cartilage peirced on.
    sweetie 14614 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
    It really just matters which side you don't sleep on the most
    Eremyhilburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
    That means you are total lezzy if you peirce it on right cartilage hehehe
    Kiri16 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 08:12 AM
    I have mine on my left but that's because my piercer asked me what side I mostly sleep in and answer the phone with because I u get it on the side u do everything on it is supposed to be more painful for the first few weeks. :)
    brielll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 06:33 AM
    I would just get it in both ears it looks way better that way, anyway!(:
    I personally think no one will think about what ear you have it in, most people don't know their left from right anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Piercing red and swollen. [ 33 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced 4 days ago (with a needle, not a gun). I've been cleaning it as instructed. Right now, it's red, swollen, and painful. I assume this is normal since it's only been four days. But these are also signs of infection... I was just wondering at what point I should start...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

Cartilage Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got a third lobe and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got a third lob and a Cartilage Piercing done on both ears a few days ago and they didn't hurt at all during or after the piercing unless I touched them or they were hit directly. They told me that my right ear would hurt a little more because it's my dominant side, but I was a little worried...

View more questions Search