Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surflova Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 03:35 AM
    How to make hair dye fade faster
    I had strawberry blonde hair...
    And I hated it because at school I am always being teased about it so I tried a wash out dye that said it would last 8-10 washer. The dye was called bronze babe...
    My hair is now even more red then before and I hate it even more!! :(
    I go back to school in 2 days and I want 2 get rid of the dye as quick as possible with out using toner or bleach..
    What would you suguest? :confused:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 28, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Semi-permanent products coat the hair with color that washes out after about 6 to 12 shampoos. But, some semi-permanent hair color will lasts around 30 shampoos before all the color is removed. It takes time to wash out, no matter what shampoo you use. If you want to remove the color right away, it's best to go to the salon and have the color stripped by a professional.
    Skibunny Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by surflova
    i had strawberry blonde hair...
    and i hated it because at school i am always being teased about it so i tried a wash out dye that said it would last 8-10 washer. the dye was called bronze babe ...
    my hair is now even more red then before and i hate it even more!!!:(
    i go back to school in 2 days and i want 2 get rid of the dye as quick as possible with out using toner or bleach..
    what would you suguest??:confused:
    If you was your hair once or twice a day and scrub it with shampoo it may fade but I won't totally come out.. And after about 6-8 weeks you can dye it again.. :D
    cheer4life093 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
    well I have darker hair and I wanted some highlights. Once they were in I hated them. They were way too light. So its been about a week and a half now and I found a little solution that might help your prob. My mom has dark brown hair and she has this shampoo (I think its Pantene Brown expressions) that I've been using on it and it made my hair a lot darker. So may b u could use some that is for blondes. Hope it works out for u. Goof luck.
    lucymay123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 10:31 AM

I had strawberry blonde hair as well, and I got red lowlights put into it, I hate them! They're way too bright and I go back to school in 10 days. I haven't tried in yet, but people have said to me that is you put Olive Oil in your hair - because it is so acidic it lifts/removes the colour, also if you use head and sholdours shampoo and wash and rinse and wash and rinse about 4- 5 times this should fade it. Also try to wash your hair as many times as you can before going back to school, I know you shouldn't but it works, I find. Good luck.
    anna12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 10:57 AM
    That's the same as me :D
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 09:53 PM

Do not attempt on your own! Go to a salon! Please remember color does not lift color!only bleach does! And I'm not sure why you wouldn't be willing to use a toner but keep in mind a toner is very gentle n only deposits therefore it is not damaging by any means!
    ashleyrenne Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 31, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Go to a salon and ask them about a green matte.. since green is opposite of red it will take out the undertones. Next time.. DON'T get warm colors. They all have redish orangey undertones. I made the mistake.. lol
    ravenbabe808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
    I am having the same issue. I recommend these steps (all things I read online)
    1. Wash hair with dish soap
    2. Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda with shampoo and wash hair with it.
    3. Drench hair in olive oil
    4. Blow dry hair
    Let me know how it works:)
    NinaNa02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 08:44 PM
    K I'm 15 and I have dark brown hair. I wanted caramel coulored streaks but thr hairdresser put red copper and blonde and it's not even streaks anymore! You can't even see my natural coulour so my hair it basically fully dyed with mostly red! I hate it sooo much I started to cry! I took a shower twice so far because I just dyed it 3 days ago and I have head and shoulders and I washed and rinsed 4-5 times each shower and it hasn't faded yet... about how many washes until it should fade? Oh and it's permanent dye... and all the kids at school say I look like a tiger :(
    VickyLuvsAshley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Hi there, I had the same problem when I was at school I have naturally strawberry blonde hair with lots of natural blonde in it and I was always teased with it so I started dying it dark brown almost black. However now that I'm older it costs me a lot of money to keep it mint colour condition. I have decided to go back to my original colour however my hair dresser said it is better to do it step by step due to strpping and bleaching wrecks your hair big time as it did to my sister. My hair colour is a 2 and my hair dresser said ever month I have it died to go lighter and lighter and to not comb it threw to just put the dye one my roots. I now have a 3 on then next time a 4 so on and so on.. until I reach a colour 6 which is a really light brown then were going to put an orban colour all over my hair as it will be light enough to so so and allow my natural hair colour to grow threw. This way your not wrecking your hair and you will have 2 different shades of strawberry blonde mixed to make it more natural. I DON NOT advise stripping or bleaching hair as you might as well just put an iron on it as this puts lots of stress on your hair and scalp so gradually do it and the better your condition your hair will be.
    Hope this helps...
    Kind Regards
    Chloe x
    Skylarlovspjh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Ok so I hadd about a medium to dark brown hair and I wanted blond so I dyed it once and it was honey blond I dyed it the second time and now its this VERY light blond and plp say it looks like brittney spears so how do I make it go away its been in about 4 to 6 weeks! And I just washed it 4-5 times so any ideas that would not jack it up more??
    rainteel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
    I would suggest that you are beautiful and NEVER NEVER trust peers when they tease you. They're terrible for doing that. No matter the hair colour- your personality and face doesn't change! Just make a comment like "haha, I really screwed this up, but who hasn't dyed their hair the wrong colour or worn a shirt that looks bad and regrets it later?" Or just act confident and they'll think you look good because of the confidence. Say, "I'm going for the GAGA look.." Honestly, I coloured my hair blonde all the time in high school and one time my peers said "WHO PEED ON YOUR HEAD?!" (it was very yellow!) when I showed up to class. I went home at lunch and died it brown to cover it up. Then they said I looked better blonde... The boy who made this comment admitted to me he had a crush on me years later. The people who make those comments are insecure.. and I should have acted like I wanted the pee coloured hair because I was trying to stand out! BE CONFIDENT! Hair colour is a minor detail.

Feb 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
    Comment on NinaNa02's post
    Look at nicki manage.. she purposely made her hair cheetah print for the grammies... be different.. be confident.. just don't listen to what anyone says because in a few years.it won't matter. I had blue, pink, yellow, purple and blonde and bright red hair, all my mistake. No one ever brings that up to me now or remembers it a few years later.

Feb 18, 2011, 08:41 PM
    Just dye your hair with semi permanent dye if it REALLY bothers you... youre lucky, cause dark brown hair is so easy to get back... use semi permanent, and the steaks and all that will go away.. or dye it dark brown with permanent and then use FROST AND GLOW (found at drug stores, or walmart) because I've tried every brand, and this is the only at home hair dye, that delivers salon results. And give yourself some streaks. You could always go with stripping, but if you have dark brown, just go with the actual dark brown dye and then Frost and Glow streaks, cause it'll be less damaging, and your natural hair will grow in without being noticed.

Feb 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Also, I've found that when using semi permanent dye, it lasts as long as regular dye, but fades a bit, so if you use this in dark brown, it will fade just a bit, letter the copper shine through, which might give you the highlights you wanted in the first place.

Feb 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Also, head and shoulders will only make it more red... red on dark hair is lightening dark hair, and the more you try to get it out when it's lighter, the lighter it will go. If you had the opposite, and had light hair and dye it black.. then used head and shoulders would make it go lighter. It won't make hair darker, it'll only lighten hair~
    dcortez_94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 09:13 PM
    Hahaha! I love how all our hair got ruined by red!! I just dyed my roots today and it turned out a strawberry red! It looks so retarded! And I go to school in 2 days :( I don't know watcyhe he k to do!
    ssss3323 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Penis
    ssss3323 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Put jizz in it it helps take out the stain. Orgy it upppp hoe p3n15

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

Make hair grow faster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there any thing I should eat or pop in to make hair grow faster? I colored my hair and I do not like it but I do not want to color again I just want to grow back my natural hair color

How to make dark hair dye fade faster [ 207 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair "dark brown" and it came out too dark. I don't want to strip or bleach my hair, I just want to make the color fade a little faster. I've read about several ways to do this and I wanted to know if anyone knew the best method or if any of these really work. Here are the...

How to make dark hair fade faster [ 2 Answers ]

I am a senior going to vo tech for cosmetology school. I have naturally dirty blonde hair. I sometimes dye my hair darker to make my eyes stand out. Well, I decided that I wanted to do something very dramatic and I dyed my hair dark brown with red highlights. It looks cool, but I'm just worried...

View more questions Search