Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britney_smiles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Will my salt and ice burn scar?
    Well, last week my friend showed me a scar from where she has burned herself with salt and ice, and this scar is hardly noticeable, and I have no blemishes anywhere what so ever, and I wanted a scar somewhere, so I pored salt on my arm and pressed an icecube on it, I couldn't really tell that there was anything there, so I did it three times, but now I have three huge purple marks in the most noticeable spot on my arm! And I will get in big trouble with my cheerleading coach if she see's this, so I told everyone that I just gave myself a hicky... Three times... and my mom's a nurse, and I told her that they were just hickys that I gave myself and yelled at me for that, if she yelled at me for doing that, I don't want to tell her that I really burnt myself, but a few hours ago she asked me
    "Britney, are you sure those are hickey's? because it looks more like burns"
    . And please is there anyway I can make these marks go away, or cover them up by this Wednesday, because that's when the next football game is, and everyone is going to see those three marks, even my coach!
    [ the marks, are about an inch or two above my elbow pit]

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 08:48 PM

No, there is no way, and why in gods name do you want a scar ?
    Well you may have one or three now in a very easy seen place.

And I know in some areas, where competition is very close, could even effect your cheer leading status in the future.

A good time to admit your actions to mom and get it treated properly
    hnymyes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 09:49 PM
    It's actually frostbite and there isn't much you can do for it.

The ice and salt technique is considered a less-damaging version of a lye and spit chemical burn - all you can really do for it is put maybe a little neosporin on it and a bandaid. South Beach Smoke
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 10, 2010, 11:30 AM

What in the world were you thinking? Trust me dear, there is plenty of time in life to get scars. Heck, you could end up with a giant scar from giving birth some day!

Its time to tell your mother and get treated. This will not go away any time soon without proper care.
    clvinlmote Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 03:03 AM

It's actually frostbite and there isn't much you can do for it.

The ice and salt technique is considered a less-damaging version of a lye and spit chemical burn - all you can really do for it is put maybe a little neosporin on it and a bandaid. Nox Edge
    ginnyann94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 02:11 PM
    I did the same thing... I didn't believe it would burn so I tried and it burned and its on my left hand... My friend did it in two spots and she said it scared but then in time the scars went away... Another one of my friends did the same thing. I just covered my with a band aid and hopefully it will go away. Good luck!
    haha12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 08:21 PM
    It's a burn because salt and ice is exothermac so it gets really hot so put ice on it for about 5 minutes it will take the heat out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ice and salt burn [ 4 Answers ]

I put salt on my arm and put an ice cube on it and I do it all the time but me and my friends were being stupid and I put it right on the other side of my elbow and it turning purple and it hurts really bad but it has only been one day so I don't know so I'm wondering if it is like bad or if it...

Ice cube and salt burn. [ 5 Answers ]

About four days ago my friend, Dale, showed me a burn he got from his brother. His brother had put salt on his arm, and placed an icecube on it for about a minute. He told me to do it. So, my friend Fallon & I did almost the same thing, except we dipped the entire ice cube bottom in a bag of...

Salt and ice [ 5 Answers ]

My friend says that salt and ice burn you skin on contact if I try it, I just want to now if it will :confused:

View more questions Search