Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dizzylizzie131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Am I entitled to half of my husbands house since we bought it while we were married
    We bought the house while we were married but my husband would not put my name on the deed. Am I still entitled to anything?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 06:42 PM

Depends on the state as well as the money that was used to make a down payment etc. At this point your entitleed to something but unknown as to what without knowing more about it.
    karriegab82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2010, 08:50 AM
    YES. ANY property (house, car, money, his retirement too,etc.) acquired during the marriage you have a claim to. I would go to a lawyer asap so you are represented well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 09:29 AM

Sorry karriegab I was to disagree since your answer is wrong, it may be so in "some" areas but not all. She may be entitled to some, but the state, ( if in the US) laws differ greatly on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My name is not on the deed or mortgage am I entitled to half because we`re married [ 3 Answers ]

I want a divorce but the mortgage and deeds are only in my husbands name. We have two daughters. I want to know what I`m entitled to I need to provide for my children but I don`t want to live in that house he would refuse to leave anyway it has never really been my "home"!

Can I sell house hold items that where bought before we got married [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Florida, Husband is working & living in LA. I got laid off and can't find a job. He is refusing to pay any of the bills: vehicles, utilities credit cards, or give me any money to live on until I find a job. He has asked for a divorce twice in the last 2 months... and then changed his...

From MA. Married in Las Vegas, Do I not get my half of the house? [ 12 Answers ]

I am from MA. And I just got married in Las Vegas. Now I'm finding out that when you marry in Vegas you do not split the property if there were ever a divorce. Does this even apply to us because we're both from and live in MA? The house is his name and I have bad credit but I do help pay for the...

Entitled to any money from husbands purchase of home [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been separated for over 13 years. We never divorced but he bought a home with his girlfiend. If I get a divorce am I entitled to any of his half? Thank you.

Bought house together but not married [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I purchased a home together this year so our taxes will change the next time we file. My question is, how will the filing of our taxes go since both of our names are on the house but we are not married? I'm just curious so any responses would be appreciated, thanks!

View more questions Search