Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 03:45 PM

Speedball1 would use a gallon of bleach. I use a 50/50 mix of table salt and baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar. However, if you can rod nothing bets rodding
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 04:51 PM

I agree with Bob ½ a cup of baking soda ½ a cup of table salt mixed put it in the drain and put 1 cup of vinegar leave it over night put a pan of boiling water in the morning and the drain will be clear, Thanks.

John
    snoyes Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 05:56 PM
    A snake has not worked; the clog must be past the point where the two drains connect inside the wall. Boiling water alone did nothing (other than prove that the line between the two sinks is clear, since pouring it into one sink brought it up to the same level in the other). I will try the soda/salt/vinegar next.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2010, 06:02 PM

Yes give it a try, Thanks.

John

Oct 12, 2010, 07:56 AM
    No go. I let the baking soda/salt/vinegar solution sit over night. It sure bubbled for a long time. This morning I poured in a pot of boiling water, and it just filled up the sink and is sitting there.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:06 AM

When you used the sanke how far did you go, follow BallengerB1 (Bob) suggestion in post #18 remove the traps and use the snake, Thanks.

John

Oct 12, 2010, 08:09 AM
    Removed the traps. The snake ran in one trap and out the other without hitting any obstructions. The clog must be below where they connect, back inside the wall someplace, but above where the tub and toilet join, since those work correctly.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:14 AM

You need to go inside the wall you have blockage further down, Thanks.

John

Oct 12, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Methinks it's time for a pro, then. Thanks for all the advice though. I got 3 out of 4 problems solved for the cost of one new flapper, so I'm ahead.
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up, please let us know when the job is done, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet noise when refilling [ 0 Answers ]

Mine toilet is making a hissing noise when it is refilling - the noise increases just a few seconds before it shuts off.

Toilet refilling causes another to run [ 3 Answers ]

When one toilet finishes refilling, the toilet in the next bathroom starts running. They are back to back in separate bathrooms. What might cause this?

Toilet tank keeps refilling [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, Attached is the set up of my toilet tank that I've borrowed from one of the postings on this site. The only difference is that my Refill Tube goes all the way into the Overflow Pipe. After I flush my toilet, and the water has refilled to the appropriate level, a few drops of water would...

Toilet tank keeps refilling [ 5 Answers ]

Our toilet tank is draining a little from somewhere because it will refill a little every couple of minutes. I tried replacing the flapper and flushing mechanism, but it's still happening. The only thing left to change would be the seal between the tank and toilet... right?:confused:

Toilet water not going through fill tube [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet water is simply trickling out of the top of the valve, down the arm, rather than going through the fill tube. I tried putting a hanger into the hole leading to the fill tube, to see if anything was blocking. What could be the problem and how do I fix it? Thank you.

View more questions Search