Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coralee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 01:49 AM
    I tried to dye my hair ash blonde and it went green/gray
    I read other posts on this site and it said to go to a hairdresser but Id just like to see if I can get any other answers

I want to know how to either get back to my old colour or lighter than my old colour because the goal that I had in mind was this colour

http://i12.tinypic.com/8gi4cb9.jpg

Someone said to "bleach wash" it, which is apparently mixing bleach powder with shampoo and leaving it in for a bit

Ive never heard of it though

Someone else said to use a lightener or before blonde treatment which should strip all the colour form your hair but not have an effect as harsh as bleach and then do an all over blonde colour dye.

But where I read on the other post it said that trying to redye could make it turn out even worse?

I tried bleaching I tiny patch of hair before for a little bit and it didn't do much

Also I might add the fact my hair is really quite dead and sometimes I will sstraighten it without putting in heat defense cream and it will literally fry before my eyes
    But go okay after I've used a hair mask

The hair mask did a pretty good job at fixing up my hair when it was quite bad but I also would like some more options
    I want it to be as healthy as I can posibly get it, I need it to grow and look healthy as well as be the light blonde colour I want it

Also I was wondering what stripping your hair involved?
    Because I was under the impression it was just like bleaching your hair, which in my case would do me no good in term of getting back to my natural colour which I would like to consider at some point
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Do N0T bleach your hair. When you bleach it after you had it dyed it can turn to *cotton candy* and fall 0UT!
    It can turn green if you dye it too many times too soon.
    Try going to a hair a beauty supply store and ask about chlorine-remover shampoo.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 13, 2007, 06:58 PM
    In order to go from dark to blonde, you must first lighten the hair and then deposit the selected color. Anything other than that will result in unpleasant shade. Ash hair colors contain a green base, and if you're not careful, you may end up with a green cast in your hair. That's the reason why you're hair looks green. You're hair is in poor condition. The hair coloring process has damaged your hair and weakened the hair cuticles. Use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week, it will help repair some of the damage. If you want to be blonde, please go to a salon. A trained stylist may be able to use a technique to achieve the results you want.
    staciarice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 08:24 PM
    I have the same problem I had super light blonde hair and tried to dye it to a dishwater ash blonde and now it has this weird green tint to it and there has to be some kind of solution other than going to a salon!
    MissDusty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
    I have coloured my hair for many years, and my entire head of hair has been processed--from root touch, to hi-lights, to full head colour. I would love to have ash toned hair again, but I know if I use any product with a green base, my hair will have a green cast. I do not like, nor do I look good in golden tones (red based products), so I opted for products that have "natural" in their colour description (not 'ash' and not 'golden'). Natural tones have a purple base which does not look green nor too red. I hope this helps.
    Candeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 11:41 PM
    HOW did you get this colour?? It's the exact colour I want, I tried to go this colour and went ranga instead.. my hair was naturally ash brown and its strawberry blonde but I want ash blonde! Id prefer green than red, much much prefer it!
    angelshawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Hello. You should go to a hair expert/sylist and have them help you, they can give you deep conditioning treatments to get your hair as healthy as possible, and also the malibu treatments at the salon are good for your hair and will lighten your hair without coloring your hair. Goodluck and let me know if this helps you, Sincerely, Valerie [email protected]
    lizzywilliams Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
    I just dyed my bleached yellow blonde hair to ash blonde and it turned green, I was told to rebleach it, use red toner, stripping but superdrug sold me pro-voke touch of silver twice a week shampoo and 3 washes later it was fixed, its only a couple of quid but buy a good conditioner too, good luck x
    Frein123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 09:35 AM
    How should you lighten the hair should you use color strip like the oopps stuff or just dye it blonde?
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2013, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frein123 View Post
    how should you lighten the hair should you use color strip like the oopps stuff or just dye it blonde?
    Assuming you have dark hair, neither. Color remover removes color that has been deposited via a coloring process. It will not lighten hair beyond it's natural color. You cannot "dye" dark hair blond. If going from dark to blond, you need to bleach then tone. If you don't know what any of that means, please see a professional or you will likely have a disaster. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

How do I dye my hair blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I've just had my hair stripped of its prievious colour and dyed bright orange--huge disarster-- I went back and had it toned down by dying over it, it was OK but I just got back from vacation and the sun and pool have spripped the colour back to a dull urban. I hate it, but I can't afford to change...

Trying to dye hair medium blonde [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have dark blonde hair that I want to lighten, but even with super ash blonde products it turns red. I went to a hairstylist and had highlights done at the same time as another dark blonde using the same lightener... she came out with blonde hair and me with red. Any suggestions?

Ash blonde turned gray. Help me please. [ 1 Answers ]

I had previously bleached my hair from its original color of ash blonde. Now, I decided I wanted to go back. When I died my hair the bleached blonde turned gray. I'm so upset, and I really need help. Is there anyway the blue tint is going to fade? If so is there anything I can do to speed up the...

View more questions Search