Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timmam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 09:25 AM
    My tattoo artist messed up!
    I recently got two new matching (well they are supposed to be) tattoos on my wrists. I got these beautiful americana designs of the chicago skyline on my left wrist and the minneapolis skyline on my right wrist. I didn't really notice it at the shop because he did each wrist separately but the one on my right is about an inch higher than the one on my left. Its also off center and crooked and kind of wraps around my arm. The buildings in the right one are also a lot taller than the ones in the left. He told me this was going to happen because, when he drew it, it was too wide for my wrist so he had to elongate it in the copier. But now that I look at it, he totally could have shortened them after elongating the original design. So, now I'm stuck with one awesome tattoo, and one that sucks. And they're on my wrists so I can't stop looking at them. It's driving me crazy. I really don't know what to do, I don't think you could really add anything to them because the buildings are still off center and crooked and adding something won't change that. I'm seriously thinking about getting it removed and redone. What do I say to my tattoo artist? Do I ask for a refund? Do I ask him to help with the removal? Do I ask him to redo it for free? I really liked him and don't want to make him feel bad, but I did feel like he was rushing through the process as he was tattooing me at closing. I also think it was his responsibility to see if the stencils matched before he etched them into my skin. HELP!!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 09:31 AM
    You can try talking to him. Maybe out of the goodness in his heart he'll help you with removal, having them redone or whatever else you want. But if not then you're stuck with it. Remember, tatoos are forever.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Tattoos are a "get at your own risk" type of thing, meaning that you know it could possibly come out this way before you get it. That does not at all mean that this is your fault. :p

You can try talking to him. He will more than likely not give you a refund (after all, he had to use ink and other supplies to tattoo you), and he will more than likely not help you with removal. He might offer to try and fix it for you for free or low cost.

If you don't want it to be fixed, it may be in your best interest to just pay for it to be removed. After its removed, if you feel you want it done again, take your business to another tattoo artist.

Always remember in the future -- if you are not happy with the way something looks on paper, you will more than likely not be happy with the way it looks on your skin. If you don't like the way it looks, tell the tattoo artist! Never get something that you are not sure if you are going to be happy with or not. If he says there is no way to re-size it, either don't get the tattoo or take your idea to someone else.
    dragons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 03:41 AM
    ... are you retarded? Seriously though go take a test or something and check. The stencil put on your arm isn't just for the tattoo artist to follow, it is also for you to make sure it is positions correctly before it is permanently tattoo on you. I would say that this is 100% your fault. Also, I wasn't joking about taking a test and confirming that you are mentally retarded, you should be able to get some government assistance or something after it's confirmed. Don't forget to where your helmet.
    AlwysConfezzled Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 01:18 PM

Well, the artist made a change without your consent OR knowledge.

He is at fault, but not all of this blame should be on him.
    clos6276 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Blame it on yourself stupid wats the stencil thy put first to make ssure you like it... its your fault!!
    tatukev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 01:05 AM
    Check out shreds inferno in chicago. I know shred or Tk can help you out. And why would you go back to someone who fukt you up. Seriously check out shreds inferno.
    tatauFAIL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 05:10 AM
    **** me, the diversity in answers is quite mindblowing. But to Dragons I'd like to say: GO **** YOURSELF
    What kind of poor spelled load of BS is that for an answer? Someone went and got a tattoo, checked the stencil and liked what they saw. The artist then ****s up. And you put the blame on the recipient? You don't need to get you head checked. YOU SURELY ARE RETARDED.

@ Topic Starter: Iknow how you feel. I've got the same thing. Not at all happy with the way my tat came out, even though the stencil looked the part. Mine was done a bit over a week ago. You put your trust in someone and they let you down. I don't know how to best deal with this. Count our blessings it's "just" a tattoo? Accept we're ****ed? Find a way to alter or cover that **** up seems like the best plan. I'm looking into Marquesan style tattoos now, they use a lot of black. ;)

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a tattoo artist [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo and I know exactly what I want to get.. I'm wondering how I could explain to the tattoo artist easily... and am hoping that it won't look that tacky.. u know what I mean.. I want a tiger tattoo but not the face or paws.. just the fur.. It would start from my upper...

How Do You Go About Becoming a Tattoo Artist? [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned 18 years old. He is very good at drawing and is interested in becoming a tattoo artist. I am wondering what he needs to do in order to do this?

How do you become a tattoo artist? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a tattoo artist please let me know if you know anything?:D

Desperately want to become a tattoo artist [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I would really appreciate it if someone could give me any advice at all? Im at a point in my life where I am desperate to concentrate on a career and I couldn't be more enthusiastic about becoming a tattoo artist! I have been interested in art all my life and I am not to modest to...

Want to train as a tattoo artist [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! I would really appreciate it if someone could give me any advice at all? Im at a point in my life where I am desperate to concentrate on a career and I couldn't be more enthusiastic about becoming a tattoo artist! I have been interested in art all my life and I am not to modest to...

View more questions Search