Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vernon_Taylors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 05:56 AM
    Can I force my Father to doa DNA test?
    For medical reasons sure but also feel worthy enough to know the truth-so can I force my Father to confirm relation?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 06:19 AM

"For medical reasons sure..."

Is there some valid reason for you to think that your not the child of your Mom and Dad? Do you know whether your mother had sex with someone other that your father?

How old are you? Do you have a relationship with relationship with your father?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 07:11 AM

I don't think so. It is arguable that a father can go to court to force a minor child to submit to DNA testing (for child support and visitation purposes), but I don't know if it would work the other way around. Unfortunately most states have not seen fit to adopt statutes for this situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 08:47 AM

You did not say your age, if you are a minor your mother can file, but as an adult there is little you can do.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 06:09 PM

Unless they were married at the time then what your doing is asking a stranger to be violated by the courts.

SO unless it involves child support the courts are reluctant to do anything about it until such a time as it reaches a point of legal crossing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DNA, can I get my brother to do a dna test to see if we have same father? [ 13 Answers ]

:confused::confused:I need to know who is my biological father, my mum has told me but I need confirmation. Now my brother has his own father but we are doubtful if he is mines or not. If I asked my brother to do a dna test would that tell me if he is my full brother or not??

Do you need the father for a DNA test [ 4 Answers ]

I have two daughters one look like a ex and the other look like their father, when I do the calulations my ex can't be the father.

Father wanting dna test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi could someone tell me where I stand I was in a relationship not married with a guy for 3 month and my son was conceived I told him I was pregnant and he didn't want to know he was into drugs and has been in jail for gbh so I went on as normal had my son paid for everything on my own didn't put a...

Dna test says I am not the father [ 3 Answers ]

I met a girl 10 months ago, a few weeks after we met she tells me she is pregnant. I was not overjoyed but resigned myself to becoming a Dad. Bought all the baby cloths cots, buggy, car chairs etc. Baby was born on 10/11/06, she moved out 1 week later with all the stuff I bought, not tells me she...

View more questions Search