Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 07:09 AM
    New Car>Is Using Vinegar on Body Safe?
    I recently purchased a new car. It is white. Is it safe to sometimes spray VINEGAR on the body, if I wish to remove some dirt (until I am able to do an entire carwash with soap etc.)?I am not sure if it might remove the wax? I prefer using non-chemical products if possible. Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 AM

Vinegar is an acid, and will definitely remove the wax. You will need to reapply wax in the area that you clean. After you get the dirt off with vinegar then you should clean the area with soap and water (to remove all traces of the vinegar), then apply wax in the area that you just cleaned. So if you're thinking that vinegar is a replacement for soap and water - the answer is no.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 07:43 AM

Three parts water one part vinegar will do a good job on any area of your car; remove stains on carpets; clean all the glass inside and out; the dashboard. Its called '
    Greencleaning'.

ebaines is right though, you should give it a going over after with soap (pick an ecofriendly dishwashing soap) if you are eco-minded, and water. I use vinegar and dishwashing soap to wash my car. Diluted vinegar is about the only thing that removes bird poop from your car finish safely and easily, no scrubbing.

There is no reason why you can't wash your car properly even though it is new.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 07:52 AM

Tick: One correction - do NOT use dishwashing soap on a car! It's way too strong and will strip the wax. Much better to use soap that is specifically designed to be safe on car finishes. Your car's finish will keep its luster much longer. I suggest something like this:
    P21S Bodywork Cond Shampoo
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 08:14 AM

Hi e, I use Dawn and have for a few years on my Subaru. The finish is excellent, has not stripped the wax. My subee is l0 years old and still has factory paint job !
    sergioser9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2010, 06:13 AM
    I'm a professional detailer for 10 year ,I work ferrari of Washington , use dawn and vinegar is the best result I have when I detail a car, first don't worry about remove wax because the new car you clean the clear coat not the paint so dawn is frendly for the clear coat finish ,thing if you wash the dishes with dawn why be not for car ? On ferrari Washington we use dawn and vinegar, for crome, wheels,windows,interior detail.most important we are greencleaning.

Sep 17, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Comment on sergioser9's post
    Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain... when you say:"on ferrari washington we use dawn and vinegar" - do you use them together or separately? Thanks!

Sep 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I appreciate your reply... can you give me any details on how to use the Dawn? Thanks.

Sep 17, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Comment on ebaines's post
    Thank you for your opinion. Would you know if this product is available in stores or is it only online to be able to purchase it? Thanks again.

Sep 17, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks! :)

Sep 17, 2010, 06:36 PM
    Comment on ebaines's post
    Thank you for your advice, I appreciate your reply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to shower after a full body massage? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is so hard headed. He never listens to me if I told him not to shower after a massage. I usually give him a full body massage and he showers after . He told me that in the hotel where he had professional massage he was allowed to shower. When I ask a massage therapist from a salon,...

Is it safe to use 55H body lotion? [ 5 Answers ]

Just would like to know how safe the 55H+ body lotions are. Been using it for 3-4 months and its working well. However I decided to do a bit of research on skin lightening (I call it making the skin completely even since I only use the soap and body lotion) and I got a bit scared. However the...

How do I get the smell of vinegar out of my Car? [ 4 Answers ]

I had my car detailed 4 weeks ago because it smelled like spoiled milk. My son's sippy cup had leaked into the carpet of the car and it smelled so the car wash said they could get it out. When I picked up the car it had a very distinct smell and the car wash people said that would go away in a...

Return a NEW car if body work is not satisfactory [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new car. The car was covered in pollen when I bought it and I asked if they could at least rinse it off before we leave. They said they would detail it for us so should bring it back in a few days. The next day it rained and rinsed off the pollen. We noticed a couple of...

View more questions Search