Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Jan 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month?
    :( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.. Everyone use to tell me that I should be a model because of my height and beauty.. A picture of me is attached to this message.. This all happened in 2004 but now Iam different.. I gained weight up to 240 pounds what covers it a little is my height but still people around me notice it.. I stopped receiving or hearing compliments about my appearance.. I use to see guys around me stare at me and want to get my number now I see no one look at me or even say that Iam beautiful..
    I don't want to write too long All I want to say is that Iam struggleling to lose weight to get back to my old self again.. Now one of my closest friends is getting married and I want to look good for her wedding.. Her wedding is on April 27 I was just wondering if its possible to lose 50, 60, or even 80 pounds before that big day??
    Please help me out on what to do.. I think that what killed me was eating outside food (MCDONALDS, TACO BELL, etc.) but now Iam so I addicted to eating outside food (especially at night) that's its super hard to let go... PLEASE HELP I need some advice.. :(
    Thank you
    Attached Images

lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 04:05 PM
    The first thing you need to stop is all fast food, especially the ones you listed, it's quick and fast and convienent but it makes you gain weight the same way quick and fast! Eat a good breakfast, cereals on the market like total, special K, add fruit or eat oatmeal. Lots of water especially before eating!! Cut out sodas, shakes and Icecream, Use only lowfat milks, wheat breads and grain pastas, lots and lots of veggies, make salads add chicken chunks, cut out real butter there are loads of substitutes on the market, No fried foods, when cooking meats use olive oil not cheap oils or shortenings. Cut out high fat meats, like hamburger meat unless it's lean, it a red meat ends with Loin, it's a good choice. Fish is a great choice, broil all meats and cut off all excess fat! When cooking eggs, use only the egg whites cook using sprays for butter substitute. And Exercise, everyday, walk, bike what ever, when you go to the stores something as simple as parking further away will be a help!! Look online for Low fat recipes and use them, you can lose a lot of weight just stay focused. If you need some recipes for any specific foods you like I have hundreds of low fat recipe substitutes for the food we all love. The use of herbs will spice up and help a lot!! Good luck, believe you can do, and you will
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
    First no you don't lose 50/60 pounds in a month and you don't want to. You want to get on a proper diet, cut out the junk food, the fast food. Talk to your doctor who can help provide advice on weight loss.

Go to a gym and work out

But weight loss needs to be done right or you cause worst problems.
    taejme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 06:26 PM
    If you lose what you want in about a month and a half as you are asking, that would be very dangerous. It could be very stressful on your heart to say the least. I too have gained a lot of weight since I got married. I lost some of it while going through a divorce. Now, I am still over weight but I am working on losing. Exercise is the key and watching what you eat as well. But don't be alarmed if you gain some weight while you work out. Muscle weighs more than fat... but you will look better and once you start to lose, you will start to feel better. I can't believe how much happier I felt when I lost 30 lbs. I lost a total of 90 lbs in almost a year. I have kept that off now for 2 years. I have recently started back on track to get to my goal weight. You can do it... you seem to have the will power. If you need words of encouragement, just let me know. I will be there for you.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 24, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MimiGirl
    :( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunatly like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.. Everyone use to tell me that I should be a model beacuse of my height and beauty..A picture of me is attached to this message.. This all happend in 2004 but now Iam different.. I gained weight up to 240 pounds what covers it a little is my height but still people around me notice it.. I stoped receiving or hearing compliments about my appearance..I use to see guys around me stare at me and want to get my number now I see no one look at me or even say that Iam beautiful..
    I dont want to write too long All I want to say is that Iam struggleling to lose weight to get back to my old self again.. Now one of my closest friends is getting married and I want to look good for her wedding .. Her wedding is on April 27 I was just wondering if its possible to lose 50, 60, or even 80 pounds before that big day???
    Please help me out on what to do.. I think that what killed me was eating outside food (MCDONALDS, TACO BELL, etc.) but now Iam soo I addicted to eating outside food (especially at night) thats its super hard to let go...PLEASE HELP i need some advice..:(
    Thank you
    Such a massive weight loss in such a short time - eight weeks or so - is well nigh impossible, and efforts to take off in a short time what it took years to put on could prove to be seriously injurious to you, if not fatal.

Many of us struggle to get back to what we were before we let things go, but the road to happiness is to be happy with who and what you are. Sometimes the stress of dieting can be worse for us than the extra weight.

I won't lecture you about diet and exercise because you already know all that. What you can change easily is your attitude to yourself. Love yourself whatever your weight, and those who love you best will do the same.

Good luck, and good health.

M:)RGANITE
    nana34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Comment on taejme's post
    Hey can you give me it diet it sounds great
    sara14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 01:19 AM
    To become thin, all you need to do is follow these steps, and you will lose 20 pounds in one month:
    . 1.Generate your own personalized 11-day meal plan using the online diet generator for what is commonly known as the calorie shifting diet. This will generate a meal plan that consists of 4 meals per day every day for 11 consecutive days.

. 2.Eat as much food as you desire at each of the 4 meals per day. You can eat those 4 meals in any order you want during that day.

. Drink 10 glasses of water every day.3.

. Leave at least a 2.5 to 3 hour gap in between each meal.4.

. 5.At the end of the 11th day, you will have lost about 9 pounds. Now take a break for the next 3 days. So from days 12 through 14, you can eat whatever you want, as long as you never overeat at each mealtime.

. Repeat steps #1 through #5 again for another 11 consecutive days.6.

At the end of 28 days, you will have lost about 18 pounds. By the completion of the full month, you will have lost at least 20 pounds.

It really is that simple. The calorie shifting diet basically works by requiring you to rotate the types of calories you consume, from meal to meal, day to day. You don't have to count calories or carbs or anything. You eat as much as you want. But you are just eating certain foods in certain sequences throughout each day, so as to trigger a metabolic response that releases the fat burning hormones in your body.

This diet is relatively easy to follow because you never feel hungry. You are always satisfied. And your cravings for foods from each of the four food groups never goes unfulfilled, because you get eat food from all four food groups while on this diet.
    Find out if The Calorie Shifting Diet is right for you.

If you would like to lose 20 pounds in the next 30 days, then let's get started.
    Jessierose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
    How to lose 80 pounds in a month?:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pounds per Week? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I asked a question regarding biking but this is more of a weight loss question. Currently I weigh about 195 lbs at 6' (5' - 11.5"). I started at about 205 and have a target weight of 175 (-185) either is a step in the right direction. But I am trying to figure out how long it will...

I Need To Gain 15 Pounds [ 7 Answers ]

I Need Help... I'm A Female 5'5 Or 5'6 And I Weigh 110 Pounds. I Am Very Thin. I Can Fit Into A Size 1 Or 3 Depending On The Brand Or Style Of Pants, Shorts, Skirts Etc; I Am 10 Or 15 Pounds Underweight And I Don't Know What To Do! I Want To Be At An Average Weight For My Height... any...

Just looking for support to drop pounds [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 5'3 230lbs and 30 yrs old. I've been over 200 lbs for 5 yrs now and don't even remember what I used to look like when I was 140lbs, which was maybe 10 yrs ago. Its amazing how weight jumps up so high when your not paying attention. I honestly felt and thought I looked the same as I did 7 yrs...

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

I'm about 60 pounds overweight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large...

View more questions Search